1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

big fob supprise yesterday

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by duanerw, Nov 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. duanerw

duanerw senior member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I went to bedbathandbeyond yesterday and when i came out and started my three year old prius 3 it told
    me my battery on my fob was low.never in a million years would i expect such a pleasent
    surprise like this.I know if the battery is dead you can hold the fob up to the power button button
    with the toyota emblem facing the power button to start the car.

jaymac likes this.
  2. Judgeless

Judgeless Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Some days these forums are like the movie Ground Hog Day.

Adam Leibovitch likes this.
  3. duanerw

duanerw senior member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    by the sarcastic remark it must have been posted before.if so i didn't know that.

4. David Beale

David Beale Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    I believe the standard forum response to that would be "search is your friend". ;)

It's fine by me if you ask BTW. I just think it's funny how people react to various things. Like the "sarcastic remark" above. Hilarious.

DO NOT take anything you read on forums too seriously. If you do you will be "shrink fodder" soon. ;)

southernguy likes this.
  5. WE0H

WE0H Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    If you run across jerks on this forum, just click their user name and you will see lots of options to click in the little window that pops up including 'Ignore'. Click that and you will never see another post from the jerk :) EZ [​IMG]

Mike

metro-mike and Adam Leibovitch like this.
  6. duanerw

duanerw senior member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    as of just now 180 views and only one sarcastic post.ill take that. thanks to my wife's Toyota discount and the past rebates i have owned three of the Prius and four of the Toyota Camry hybrids and still own one of each.
    Guess this is the first one I have had long enough for the battery to get low enough that i got the message.I never did a search about it as i never thought about it and was amazed to see tech that would tell me such a small thing.
    I have had the 2010 three years now and like it so well i have ofter said i wouldn't trade it even up for a new one.I have done a few small things to make it just the way i want it.I just bought the 8 year warranty for the cost the dealer pays for it.
    so im covered for the next five years.that takes me to eighty one don't think i will buy another at that age.

7. drysider

drysider Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    This is the Internet...take nothing at face value. Everyone is an expert at everything....especially on tech forums.

WE0H likes this.
  8. jaymac

jaymac membore

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    This may be review for others but it is new to me so thanks for the info. I, like many others on this forum, can't find the time to read that 5 lb owners manual. In fact I took it out of the glove box to lighten up the car and partially compensate for the trailer hitch I installed.

WE0H likes this.
  9. Judgeless

Judgeless Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I wish I could do the same with the 50 NEW threads a month about what tires they should buy for my Prius. Or all the NEW threads about rough engine starts. There has to be about 10 NEW threads about replacing the battery in their FOB in the last 2 months with 10 responses each.

I am ok with people like you calling me an Idiot and a jerk. I am ok with anyone that puts me on ignore. All I ask is you use the search button or use google before you start a new thread.

10. DumbMike

DumbMike Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I mean no ill will, but my question is why does somebody have to use the search button before starting a new thread? Yes, not doing the search might clutter up the message board a bit. And some people might find it tedious to read the same question over and over again. But isn't it our option to read or not read or respond or not respond to the thread?

The other reason is that I hate searching for threads (I'm lazy in that way). So, maybe what we should do is find the thread and give a link to the OP as a response. But sometimes, maybe it has to be asked again to give new information or to give an "idea" to those who never came across the old thread. Some people might have never thought of the issue (especially me).

And the one I really dislike, is when somebody has a question that was kind of asked before, did the search, bumped an old thread and now you have a bunch of old posts that are no longer relevant or old or whatever.

Also, some threads get off topic real fast (like I'm doing to this one) and somebody might have to read through hundreds of posts to a thread to find the answer that somebody finally gave. I, too, would find it easier to just ask the question on a new thread (again, I'm lazy).

And by the way, I haven't come across the issue of the car giving you notice that the battery is low. So, I'm glad it was posted. But I don't read every post (again, I'm lazy).

Mike

car78412, WE0H and duanerw like this.
  11. Judgeless

Judgeless Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    And I am the idiot!!! LOL

12. duanerw

duanerw senior member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    When i read a post i find interesting i only read about five then someone hijacks it and from then on the subject gets changed.To DumbMike thanks for reminding me .so now lets get back to the original posts im enjoying the coments.

13. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    not sure what this thread is about.(n)

WE0H likes this.
  14. WE0H

WE0H Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Wasn't it sumthin about a battery? :)

Mike

15. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    or a fob?:confused:

16. mmmodem

mmmodem Senior Taste Tester

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    There's only a finite number of things to discuss on a 3 year old model car. Things need to be repeated or there would be nothing to discuss. Now, if you had asked for what battery needs to go in the fob, then people should cry "Use the search!" or RTFM. Otherwise, you noticed something surprising about your car that someone already noticed a while back. So?

17. Judgeless

Judgeless Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Here is the exact same thread from a few weeks ago.

Key Fob Battery Lasted 3 Years! | PriusChat

All the same things. People are surprised the display warned them the battery was low. People talked about the Radio Shack part # they need to replace the battery. There is talk of hold the key to the button to charge it.

Just like my post. Ground Hog Day.

18. Codyroo

Codyroo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    If Post #2 of this thread also included the link (as shown in post 17) it would have been viewed as witty and helpful (if not in a mildly sarcastic way). Sometimes the presentation of the information is more valuable than the information itself.

WE0H likes this.
  19. DumbMike

DumbMike Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I believe that was my point. You said it better.

Mike

20. Judgeless

Judgeless Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    It took me 5 seconds to search on the word ‘FOB’ to find that. My point is quit being lazy and do just a little bit of work in life.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.