1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

BIG NEWS: denison icelink plus w/ ID3 text display!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by konakahuna, Nov 25, 2004.

1. konakahuna

konakahuna Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    denison just released a new icelink that basically addresses all my concerns and wishes about the 1st model. from www.denisonusa.com

ID3 Text Display...
      Read the song title and artist information right from your radio. The same information is also displayed on the iPod, so if your radio doesn't support text display, you can always look at the iPod

In Full Control...
      Use your radio or iPod to navigate through playlists, albums and songs and access the simple to use ipod interface. The ice>Link interprets the radio controls from your vehicle to the iPod to emulate a fully loaded CD changer with advanced features.

imple Interface...
      The ice>Link Menu is the main part of the ice>Link user interface. Features to enhance your listening experience include different play modes such as scan, repeat and shuffle. The menu also lets you enter the playlist browser, where you can acces all of your iPod's playlists.

and best of all, it's compatible with all ipods through the choice of connector. this sounds to me like the closest thing yet to full integration. just having ID tags seals the deal for me. yahoo! now all i need is my prius, dammit.

2. deh2k

deh2k New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    This is the correct URL: http://icelink.densionusa.com/.

I'm wondering, since the new iPod Photo has video out and the Prius MFD can display video input, does that mean it's technically possible to display the actual iPod display on the MFD somehow? That would be iPod Nirvana for me.

3. Rickster

Rickster Junior Member

AFAIK, the iPod photo's video out is for slideshows only -- not sure if there's a way to make it show a useful "now playing" sort of screen. And you'd of course need to set up some sort of video-in for your Prius, like the Coastal Tech mod.

Still, great news... hopefully this new iceLink's extended features support the Prius (website is still unclear whether they're talking "1.1" or "Plus" in the compatibility list).

4. LazyBear

LazyBear New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I watched carefully IceLink+ demo and noticed that simulated iPod screen never shows iPod interface. It either says 'Don't browse iPod while driving!' or shows some homegrown UI by Dension. Demo never shows user using iPod controls directly.

On the other side, IceLink 1.1 demo show plain iPod screen and user clicking on iPod buttons.

It seems like Dension now wants you to install some Dension software and iPod control may become disabled as with Alpine interface. I am planning to call or email Dension and ask.

5. Jim S.

Jim S. New Member

Doesn't look like the Toyota is supported yet-- can't pull it off the order screen...