1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Big trip, very pleased

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by eagle33199, May 28, 2006.

1. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Well, the day finally came... Moving day!

Had the movers at my place in Ohio earlier this week packing stuff up. Of course, i had already taken some of the essentials (clothes, computer, a few other odds and ends) and packed up the trunk and back seat to the bottom of the windows. After they left, i was sitting there talking with my mom (they packed some stuff from her place that she wanted to get rid of and iw anted to take), and we realized that we forgot to tell them to take the recliner... at first, i thought "Oh crap!", cause there was no way it would have fit in my previous car. But then i said, "wait a minute..."

The hatchback on the Prius saved the day, thats for sure. The chair fit nicely in the back (after i unpacked the car), and then i got to stuffing stuff in around it. Needless to say, everything ended up fitting, with a little room to spare.

My dog and i jumped in the car early the next morning, and headed off for the 17 hour treck to Minnesota. The trip was very comfortable, with little worries. I averaged 34 MPG (i had a 17 ft. long kayak on my roof wrecking my milage). Coming through Illinois, i had some horrible crosswinds that i didn't even notice until i stopped at a rest stop and nearly got blown over when i got out of the car. Of course, about 5 miles later the kayak decided it wasn't secured enough, and suddenly shifted to 1 45 degree angle on top of the car. After pulling over, i found the saddles on one side weren't tight and slid over (don't know if i just neglected to tighten them, or if 12 hours on the road slowly shook them loose). That behind me, the rest of the trip was a breeze.

And the best part about it all, the movers didn't show up here until a day later, so atleast i had the recliner to sleep in that one night!