1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bike Rack for 2010 Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by trudeljb, Apr 1, 2013.

1. trudeljb

trudeljb New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hey Guys, I've had a few questions answered here previously, and I have a new one. I drive a 2010 Toyota Prius back and forth from FL to NY 2x a year. I purchased a CAAD10 in November and have yet to find a bike rack. Which would you suggest? I would prefer to either get a roof rack (that would allow me flexibility if I wanted to carry something other than a bike) or one that mounts on the back (without needing a hitch). I've recently discovered the Saris Bones 3 bike rack which I think could be good- yet some people have said it tends to rub on the spoiler a bit, or I've done a little research and seen that THULE and YAKIMA both make roof mounts. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

2. Sfcyclist

Sfcyclist Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    There's actually a decent amount of info on this forum. You just have to search.

I'm not for neither one of your options but the roof rack will give you flexibility as you noted. I'm able to haul my road bike around easily inside the Prius. It fits with front wheel off easily. I bought a chain cover to protect interior from greasy chain. This photo is without the chain cover.[​IMG]

For longer trip or more bikes, I have a Yakima Hold Up with a curt hitch receiver.

Good luck as there's more than enough options out there.