1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bill Merchant Is NOT a Hologram

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by ghostofjk, Jun 20, 2006.

1. ghostofjk

ghostofjk New Member

My daughter and I had the good fortune to have lunch with Bill Merchant while on a trip to Oregon recently.

I want to put to rest all the mad speculation about Mr. Merchant that has swirled around the nether parts of PriusChat from time to time.

He is not a Spirit.

He is not a Prius keychain fob using an unidentified man's head as a resting place.

He is NOT maggieddd's father.

And he's NOT a hologram.

It's worse.

He's in marketing.

Bill graciously took us to one of his fave haunts, following hours of shameless hinting by me (via PM). <strike>Thereupon he quickly got drunk and passed out with his face imbedded in the tabletop</strike>. Bill is <strike>a credit to his kind</strike> a great guy. Just ask him.

Seriously, folk, Bill's the kind of guy every one of us wishes he or she would meet at one of our get-togethers (and I know there are others). He's doing a really neat thing in his community, too, which I won't go into without his permission (or his own explanation, if he chose). No, it doesn't involve a raincoat. :p

I wanted to thank him ongroup so that people who know him only through his helpful posts will know he's the real deal.

Bill's welcome to stay at my place any time he's in the area. For that matter, so are you, even if you like George Bush.

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Great to hear, Bill's on my top-20 list of PriusChatters I'd like to meet.

3. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
  4. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ghostofjk @ Jun 20 2006, 07:10 PM) [snapback]274367[/snapback]</div>
    NO??????? :unsure:

5. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  6. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    where has Bill been, anyway?

7. ghostofjk

ghostofjk New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galaxee @ Jun 21 2006, 03:38 PM) [snapback]274920[/snapback]</div>
    I don't think he'd mind me saying: VERY busy with the "project" to which I alluded related to his community; and also, increased responsibility with the local Prius group in the Portland area. There may be, of course, more than I know, but I do know that.

8. barbaram

barbaram Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    So where is the photo of Bill and you?

9. jbarnhart

jbarnhart New Member

Hologram??? I thought you said Bill was a HOOLIGAN!

10. ghostofjk

ghostofjk New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(barbaram @ Jun 21 2006, 10:14 PM) [snapback]275108[/snapback]</div>
    Although I am widely regarded as "cute", bearing a mild resemblance to former President Jimmy Carter :lol: , Bill is self-conscious about that fob embedded in his forehead and refuses photo requests.