1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bin Laden Gets a Pass from Pakistan

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by dragonfly, Sep 5, 2006.

1. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

'Osama bin Laden, America's most wanted man, will not face capture in Pakistan if he agrees to lead a "peaceful life," Pakistani officials tell ABC News.

The surprising announcement comes as Pakistani army officials announced they were pulling their troops out of the North Waziristan region as part of a "peace deal" with the Taliban.'

http://blogs.abcnews.com/theblotter/2006/0...aden_gets_.html

Wth?

2. Schmika

Schmika New Member

Just more appeasment. The majority of Islam countries lean towards the "rightousness" of Bin Laden and his rantings. Why are we surprised?

3. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Schmika @ Sep 5 2006, 10:21 PM) [snapback]314967[/snapback]</div>
    Any response from Bush on this? Aren't we supposed to hold gov'ts accountable when they harbor terrorists? Are we going to go attack the Pakistan gov't now? Wth?

4. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dragonfly @ Sep 5 2006, 07:33 PM) [snapback]314932[/snapback]</div>
    Sounds exactly like something the demoncrats would do.

Wildkow

5. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dragonfly @ Sep 5 2006, 11:25 PM) [snapback]314969[/snapback]</div>
    you believe everything you read - or are you just trying to get a discussion going about how clinton had 10 shots at obl and took none?

one thing is for sure - obl is not sleeping above ground and he is not making any cell phone calls to his wives or kids - oops, his wives are not allowed to have cell phones or talk - my bad.

6. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Sep 6 2006, 08:56 AM) [snapback]315116[/snapback]</div>
    Nah, if I believed the stuff I read on these forums I might think that Clinton gave nukes to North Korea or that Saddam harbored the 9/11 planners. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :p

Ok, Pakastan is now denying they would let OBL free: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/5320116.stm

but it will be interesting to see Bush's response to this treaty.

7. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dragonfly @ Sep 5 2006, 11:25 PM) [snapback]314969[/snapback]</div>
    Only if it was true, I would think the US would seek some time of explanation from pakistan I do not think we would invade them over a blog brief.
    [​IMG]

Of course the pakistani goverment mite put the hold on us by recalling all the 7-11 workers... <J/K> :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Uh oh, the Mod with the Bod is watching us... :lol: ;)

8. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Sep 6 2006, 01:53 AM) [snapback]315049[/snapback]</div>
    Once again, you contribute nothing to the conversation.
    Just working on the post count, huh?

9. Schmika

Schmika New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TonyPSchaefer @ Sep 6 2006, 12:26 PM) [snapback]315215[/snapback]</div>

Oh, I disagree. One of the claims of the right is that the left are appeasers with a cut and run mentality. He was making it clear that this very proposed policy of Pakistan would have democratic support.

I understan your antipathy toward Wildkow though....at some time in the past he got under your skin and now everythin he says is filtered through that prism.

It is a VERY normal reaction for people. I do it to.

10. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusguy04 @ Sep 6 2006, 11:24 AM) [snapback]315214[/snapback]</div>
    BBC News not good enough either?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Schmika @ Sep 6 2006, 11:38 AM) [snapback]315227[/snapback]</div>
    Except he's dead wrong. I don't know a single Democrat who wants to let OBL go free. We'll see if Bush feels the same by how he reacts to this.

11. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dragonfly @ Sep 6 2006, 11:30 AM) [snapback]315174[/snapback]</div>
    saddam did not harbor 9/11 perps; clinton did not give NoKo nukes - just created the environment for them to develop it themselves.

i personally do not think we want obl at this point anyway. always wait till the body is softened up before you go for the head.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dragonfly @ Sep 6 2006, 12:59 PM) [snapback]315246[/snapback]</div>
    actualy bbc news is not good enough - they have been caught numerous times with doctored photos and they use sources that tend not to be fair and balanced. their reporting on Israel is sooo biased - anyhow I put them in the same category as the NY Times, maybe a notch below.

12. triphop

triphop New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dragonfly @ Sep 6 2006, 12:59 PM) [snapback]315246[/snapback]</div>
    Exactly - It was the current administration that, when OBL was within grasp in Afghanistan, quit hunting him and got distracted in Iraq, thereby allowing him to escape.

OBL returned the favor when he released the VideoTape on the eve of the 2004 elections.

13. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Sep 6 2006, 12:20 PM) [snapback]315255[/snapback]</div>
    Thank you thank you thank you for admitting this mistake (finally). Your credibility just went up a quarter notch. :D Funny how the nuclear bomb testing happened under Bush's watch though if you want to get right down to it.
    Wth... you are a facilitator of evil!

14. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Sep 6 2006, 12:20 PM) [snapback]315255[/snapback]</div>
    Ok then, maybe you'll believe Fox News. Sheesh!

"Militants — believed to support local Taliban and foreign Al Qaeda-linked elements — on Tuesday signed a peace deal with the government aimed at ending years of violence in the rugged North Waziristan tribal area."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,212541,00.html

15. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dragonfly @ Sep 6 2006, 02:19 PM) [snapback]315302[/snapback]</div>
    not a mistake - clinton created and superivsed the environment upon which NoKo became a nuclear power - what dont u understand about that? what did he do to prevent in any way them from becoming a nuclear power during his 8 years in the Oval Office? clinton was a pro a letting the nuclear genie out - how many US Presidents let the genie out during their watch three times?

and no we dont want obl at this time - it would create potentially a more dangerous environment - it is better to pursue our course of attacking the middle and lower upper operatives first. killing obl does not stop al qaeda.

the only evil i would facilitate at this time would be to destroy irans nuclear infrastructure - how about you, would you?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dragonfly @ Sep 6 2006, 02:49 PM) [snapback]315319[/snapback]</div>
    geez - read some analysis on this please. so you think obl is going to go waltzing down the mountain path in broad daylight in North Waziristan???

at least fox news has viewers - more than i can say about clinton news network. actually i get my news from about a dozen different sources each day. when i want to see what the enemy is thinking i read bbc/ny times (every day - painful for me but a must).

16. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Sep 6 2006, 02:03 PM) [snapback]315322[/snapback]</div>
    This reply is so full of contortions your feet must be somewhere behind your ears about now.

17. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dragonfly @ Sep 6 2006, 03:05 PM) [snapback]315328[/snapback]</div>
    obfuscate if you must but would you let iran go nuclear? simple yes or no would do. no contortions needed here.

18. Proco

Proco Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I love threads like this. Lemme just get comfortable here and grab some snacks ...

[attachmentid=4891]

19. triphop

triphop New Member

20. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Sep 6 2006, 02:13 PM) [snapback]315333[/snapback]</div>
    Ha ha ha! Hey Priusguy, he's using rules #1 and 2 against me!

Ok, back to the issue at hand.

dbermanmd, 8/31/06, in reference to Clinton: "He contained North Korea - damn, that is the best piece of PR I have seen on this BB ever. Jeez - he ARMED them... He gave them the nukes - then he left town as they built more of them."
    http://priuschat.com/index.php?s=&show...st&p=312190

dbermanmd, 9/6/06: "clinton did not give NoKo nukes"
    (See above, this thread.)

Which is it? He gave them nukes or he did not give them nukes?

Why is it so bloody hard for you guys to admit when you make a mistake? It's not a big deal really, we all make mistakes. Be big and just admit it. I just don't get what the big deal is. It's kind of indicative of the problems that are going on in the administration these days though. You guys are so used to defending yourselves and each other no matter how wrong you are, you just don't know how to act any different. I thought it was just a Bush administration thing, but from the past couple of weeks on these boards I see it's prevalent throughout the party. Why don't you guys hold yourselves and each other to a higher standard?