1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bin Laden is a Liberal Democrat?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by dbermanmd, Sep 7, 2007.

1. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Reports today from his new video tape he touches on:

Neocons
    global warming
    withdrawing from iraq
    evil corporations

again, this is early stuff reported to come from his new video release....

sounds like he would be a good candidate for the Democratic Party to run for President. I am sure moveon.org and others like it would surely back him if he gets the nomination.

you just gotta love it. honestly, if OBL could vote for a candidate for President in '08, he would definitely vote Democratic. Wonder how that makes you guys feel - all warm inside - especially those hoping for an end to the "American Era".

We will see what that 25 minute tape contains over the next few days. I am betting the material could be used for the Democratic Platform for the upcoming Presidential election.

2. boulder_bum

boulder_bum Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    So I'm enthusiastic about Obama, and I'd vote for McCain if he won his party ticket and Obama didn't, but every other choice for president just disgusts me.

Clinton is a big business democrat who helped her husband weasel out of his indiscretions (which shows her lack of integrity). Mit Romney is a Mormon whose favorite novel is by the founder of Scientology. Giuliani takes everything disgusting about the Republican party and throws out everything redeeming.

I just don't like the choices.

Osama Bin Laden on the other hand has this to say:

Given the other choices, I think I might vote Osama Bin Laden for president if he decides to run on the Islamic whacko ticket.

He can't be any worse than Bush.

3. mparrish

mparrish New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Imagine a world where the Japanese attack Pearl Harbor, the US decides to respond by invading India, Tojo sends out a message belittling Truman in 1948 from Imperial Japan, and Truman supporters respond by calling Dewey supporters "Tojo friendly".

Yeah, I know. Sounds pretty funny to me too. Truman (and anyone like him in the present) would deserve a good mocking.

4. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mparrish @ Sep 7 2007, 04:30 PM) [snapback]508726[/snapback]</div>
    True that - imagine declaring war on Germany after Japan attacks us and then Italy too - why not - might as well fight a multi front war around the entire globe rather than a one front war :D Dont remember the Republicans belittling FDR. Prior to Iraq, i dont remember or am not aware of the minority party being so outspoken about wartime policies - sad. thats why Osama is a Democrat - they agree on lots of issues like the war on terror --- OOOOOPS ---- I forgot, the Democrats dont believe this is a war on terror --- what would you call Osama - besides a democrat, a friend?, an ally?, a donor??? who produced his latest videotape, the DNC??? :blink:

5. Proco

Proco Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Sep 7 2007, 05:51 PM) [snapback]508756[/snapback]</div>
    I know it's been said before, but it bears repeating. We did not declare war on Germany because Japan attacked us. We declared war on Germany because Germany declared war on us first.

And you're right ... it's the majority party that's speaking out about the war, not the minority one.

6. n8kwx

n8kwx Member

Arlington Heights, IL - NW Chicago Suburb
    Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    "Despite America being the greatest economic power and possessing the most powerful and modern military arsenal, and despite it spending on this war and its army more than the entire world spends on its armies, and being the major state influencing the world's policies ... 19 young men were able ... to change the direction of its compass," bin Laden said in the tape.

It sounds like Osama and his cronies are already running our country. Even when we had a Republican House, Senate and Executive.

Perhaps Osama was a Republican until recently...

7. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Proco @ Sep 7 2007, 06:09 PM) [snapback]508759[/snapback]</div>
    Bin Laden declared war on the United States, so I guess he and his army [al-Qaeda] are fair game anywhere, anytime, in a place and at a time of our choosing.

http://archives.cnn.com/2002/US/08/19/terr...main/index.html
    the above is referencing his declaration of war against the US in 1998 - who was President then? I guess you have a convenient excuse as to why clinton did not declare war on him and al-qaeda then - why did he not get him when he had the chanceS. why he did not allow the cia and fbi to do their thing instead of building walls between them, why after they attacked us in 1993 on our home soil he did nothing.... funny FDR declared war on germany without the germans directly attacking us, here OBL and al-qaeda declares was on us AND attacks us and clinton does nothing??? explain please

8. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Sep 7 2007, 05:54 PM) [snapback]508770[/snapback]</div>
    Sure they are. But invading a place where he isn't and they aren't isn't ok...I'm talking about Iraq in case you didn't catch the implication.

9. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Sep 7 2007, 06:56 PM) [snapback]508772[/snapback]</div>
    I am guessing you are assuming we have not killed and captured al-qaeda and other allied forces of theirs in iraq?

but please tell me why clinton UNLIKE fdr did NOTHING after having war declared on us and having those who declared war on us ATTACK US ON OUR HOME SOIL [not mentioning the multitude of other attacks they made during is terms on US assets and people like the USS Cole, the embassy bombings etc etc etc]? why did clinton do NOTHING??

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Sep 7 2007, 07:01 PM) [snapback]508775[/snapback]</div>
    I will leave you with this thought... IF clinton had acted presidential and responded not only to the declaration of war by OBL and then the attacks against us by him - perhaps we would not be in iraq or afghanistan today?

10. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Sep 7 2007, 06:07 PM) [snapback]508775[/snapback]</div>
    Sure, after Bush/Rumsfeld's brilliant plan lured them there--I'm sure that was the plan all along! :rolleyes: :lol:

11. jweale

jweale Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Sep 7 2007, 05:51 PM) [snapback]508756[/snapback]</div>
    Your memory seems to be fading, happens to the best of us. Look up the Balkans campaign. Stuff like:
    "House Majority Whip Tom Delay (R-TX): “Mr. Speaker, this is a very difficult speech for me to
    give, because I normally, and I still do, support our military and the fine work that they are doing. But I
    cannot support a failed foreign policy. … But before we get deeper embroiled into this Balkan quagmire,
    I think that an assessment has to be made of the Kosovo policy so far. President Clinton has never
    explained to the American people why he was involving the U.S. military in a civil war in a sovereign
    nation, other than to say it is for humanitarian reasons, a new military/foreign policy precedent. … Was it
    worth it to stay in Vietnam to save face? What good has been accomplished so far? Absolutely nothing.”
    [Congressional Record, “Removal of United States Armed Forces from the Federal Republic of Yugoslavia,” 4/28/99]"

You can go ahead and look up the ridicule Clinton took when he tried to flat out kill Osama Bin Laden, google "Monica Missiles." Even a hick like Clinton was smart enough to listen to the pros left him by Bush Sr when it came to terrorism.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Sep 7 2007, 06:56 PM) [snapback]508772[/snapback]</div>
    To be fair, there was unfinished business left over from the first gulf war. The persistently hot no-fly zones and child-starving sanctions were unsustainable. To quote a somewhat liberal friend (quite a Colin Powel fan, so not that far gone), "I would have supported the Iraq action if it were being managed by adults."

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Sep 7 2007, 07:07 PM) [snapback]508775[/snapback]</div>
    Yes, and if only Reagan had responded to the bombing of the barracks in Beruit there would be peace in the middle east :rolleyes: (If your history is rusty, the French launched airstrikes against the Iranian Revolutionary Guard in retaliation for their losses in the barracks bombing, while Reagan called the bombing a despicable act and thought about responding...)

12. mparrish

mparrish New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    "To conclude," bin Laden says, "I invite you to embrace Islam." He goes on to say: "There are no taxes in Islam, but rather there is a limited Zakaat [alms] totaling 2.5 percent.â€

A tax cutting religious extremist. Save him a seat at the '08 Minneapolis convention ;)

13. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mparrish @ Sep 7 2007, 08:38 PM) [snapback]508831[/snapback]</div>
    LOL! :lol: I'm in!!

14. derkraut

derkraut Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Uh....This IS Priuschat, right??? Maybe Osama drives a Prius Camel, eh?? :(

15. fshagan

fshagan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mparrish @ Sep 7 2007, 01:30 PM) [snapback]508726[/snapback]</div>
    You have your history wrong ... the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor and we invaded France!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mparrish @ Sep 7 2007, 06:38 PM) [snapback]508831[/snapback]</div>
    Under Sharia law, the non-muslims pay a special tax.

16. mojo

mojo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Sep 5 2007, 06:18 AM) [snapback]507230[/snapback]</div>
    I can see why you are so depressed.
    Your kids are too smart and too wealthy to go to Iraq and sacrifice their lives for our country.Instead they are selfishly pursuing careers.
    You must really feel like a total failure.
    At least you have a few more kids who might stand up and do the right thing.Maybe they will be on the front lines in Iran ?What a glorious way to die or be permanently disabled.
    Sorry to be so blunt, but you do dish it out.

(Im beginning to see Charles Rangel's point ,draft the rich kids and you wont have meaningless wars.)
    David,
    Are your kids America haters?

17. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mojo @ Sep 8 2007, 02:54 AM) [snapback]508985[/snapback]</div>
    It is OK to be blunt, it is not ok not to be accurate:

1. I am not wealthy, nor are my children. I worked my way through school, starting in high school and including the first 15 years of my marriage in which i did not take one vacation. i did med school in three years so i could work my fourth year selling womens and childrens shoes and other odd jobs. I recently finished paying off my loans. my children are fortunate in that i am covering the cost of their education with the proviso that they do the same for their kids. but that all happens to be none of you business.

2. Service to country. if they are called , they will serve as would i, as did my father (Retired Capt US Army, qualified sniper, and other family members too served with honor and in combat). Do not question my families love of this country - we are here because of intolerance to Jews in my grandparents and great-grandparents home countries - we understand how great this country is we would gladly serve if called - so call your friend charles rangel - i look forward to seeing you in uniform too - the only difference would be that i would guess you would find that uniform vile and disgusting and i would look upon it with honor and pride.

3. "selfishly pursuing careers" - I would say what is on my mind but I have been brought up better than that. My children, my family cherish service to community and charities and helping others. I volunteered over 2500 hours by the time I graduated college to helping handicapped children and doing medical research amongst other things; i spent significant time with Vietnam veterans and other Vets in the VA system. My children have followed that well established pathway. My family is very active in helping those in need, raising money for charity, donating their time and efforts for others. how dare you judge me or my family. Yes they are focused on making the best of themselves - but that is true in every aspect of their lives from education, to athletics, to their role in their community and beyond. They have a moral and ethical compass you could perhaps take a lesson or two from - they do not judge others the way you seem to have - they see the best in people instead of the worst - they lack your cynicism and your ability to pass judgment on others - especially those they dont know.

4. my kids have and will continue to step up for others. you create a false equation that is self-serving.

5. you demean the service and sacrifice of others who have served the United States.

6. I "dish it out". I guess that gives you in your mind the license to attack me and my family personally. This post speaks volumes about you - not something that I would hold my head up in pride about. I am depressed - after reading this post - I am depressed that someone could be as nasty and ill willed as you.