1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bipolar posters

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by qbee42, Feb 11, 2010.

1. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Is it my imagination, or does it seem as if this recent brake fiasco has brought out a group of bipolar posters? There has been a few who have viciously defended one point of view, only to toggle over and viciously defend the other.

What's going on with this? Is it a true change of heart, or just a personality quirk?

Tom

2. a_gray_prius

a_gray_prius Rare Non-Old-Blowhard Priuschat Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Some people just can't stand being on the 'losing' team. Look at all the douchebaggery related to Insight vs Prius comparisons. The negativity towards what a lot of these individuals perceive as the 'loser' is huge.

3. Rokeby

Rokeby Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Tom,

Not to worry.
    Mostly they are just new owners all agog over their new car.

As a public Act of Oneness with the HSD, they are emulating MG1;
    sometimes they spin in one direction...
    sometimes they spin in the other.

Who are we to question this new kind of auto-induced bipolarity.
    This Toyopathy that is springing up unbidden as if through auto-genesis.

[​IMG]

Isn't it a wonderment!

4. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    My first reaction was, Boy, Toyota messed up big time. But as more information came out, and I spoke with a knowledgeable person who's been following it more than I, I learned that the whole fuss comes down to a brake pedal that feels "wrong" to some drivers, though in fact there's not actually a safety issue, and the owner's manual explains the pedal behavior and advises drivers simply to continue to press on the pedal.

Maybe others had the same initial reaction to the misinformation, and then learned that there really isn't an issue.

On the other hand, some people might have at first defended Toyota on the common-sense grounds that they are a trustworthy company, and then gotten swept up in the demagoguery of politicians and media who care nothing for truth and everything for votes or viewer ratings.