1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bisque Cloth Interior

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by kermie, Sep 10, 2007.

1. kermie

kermie New Member

Is the bisque hard to keep clean?

Thanks

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Depends on:

- how well you take care of the interior
    - how often you clean
    - who sits in it (messy ppl/dog or tidy ppl)

I find it easy to take care of. Mr. Clean Magic Eraser takes care of the scuffs on the door sills and a clean damp cloth cleans the seats and dashboard. Of course we have no dogs or young kids so that helps a bit. It still looks almost new (almost cause there's oh so slight wear on the driver's lower seatback and the dealership managed to stain one of the rear seatbelts with grease)

3. PA

PA Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    Not if you don't get it dirty ... mine's OK after one year.

4. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    Yes it is / was, difficult for us to keep cleen. We switched to leather after about a year and a half as body oils began to make our '04's fabric look like worn out seal skin. Gross. When they pulled the cloth off the foam to replace it with leather? The foam was NASTY. All kinds of soda stain spills, coffee stain spills, and who knows what (no one ever fessed up ... friends, car pool'ers, family, oh maybe it was the dogs :p ). Making matters worse, my spouse is allergic to everything and then some. Since that includes dust mite droppings ... munching away on people's skin that sluffs off, and down it goes into the pad, sitting in the Prius began to cause sneeze / cough fits. Some worry the leather gets too hot in the CA summers, but for us, it was a small price to pay. That being said, the search tool is a wonderful thing. The topic as been posted & reposted over and over.

5. Tech_Guy

Tech_Guy Class Clown

Silicon Valley, CA --- Land of Fruits & Nuts
    Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kermie @ Sep 10 2007, 04:26 PM) [snapback]510311[/snapback]</div>
    I'm currently renting a Prius from Hertz (I have 2 other cars in the shop at the moment). The 2007 Prius with only 10,000 miles has a bisque colored interior. The bisque interior fabric / carpets seems to show more dirt and stains than any other vehicle I've driven in years.... We plan on buying a Prius within 6 months. It absolutely will Not have a bisque colored interior.

Keith :unsure: