1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bizarre head unit behavior

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by mmcdonal, Nov 8, 2011.

1. mmcdonal

mmcdonal Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    So, difficult to quantify, but I have noticed that sometimes when I hit the Audio button to bring up the channel list in SAT or other modes, it changes the channel to the next one down as it switches to the audio screen.

Also, I think when I have a destination in the system in Nav mode, when I click Dest, it also changes the channel the radio is on, but doesn't go into the Dest screen, just keeps changing the channel when I hit the Dest button.

Has anyone experienced similar behavior? I am taking the car in for 40K service at the dealership in the next week or so, and wanted to know if I will have to duplicate this behavior to get anything done about it, or if there is a TSB or something already.

Yes, I do have the Platinum warranty.

Thanks,
    Mike

2. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
  3. mmcdonal

mmcdonal Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Yes, that's it all right. Thanks for that. I didn't find it before. I guess the "navi" appellation threw me off. Sounds like a civilization from Star Wars, not a Nav head unit.

4. mmcdonal

mmcdonal Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    To update: The head unit got worse and worse until I really could not do anything with a lot of the side buttons, like Dest, Audio, Map, Setup, etc. I drove the car to the dealer for a 30+K service, and asked the service writer to go right out and check the behavior. The ticket said I had some "concerns" about the radio. Thankfully he was able to duplicate the problem, and checked into my warranty coverage. Covered! Winning! Well, the head service dude delivered my car, and said the techs couldn't duplicate the problem, and just to watch it and bring it back if it did it again. I guess he hadn't talked to the service writer. A few words later, they ordered the unit, and I took it back in in a week or so, and they replaced it. I was not worried about losing any data in the unit, but they did transfer my account and even my satellite stations. So now I have a new nav head unit, and it seems to work more quickly. Updated maps, too.

Thanks to the $1500 Platinum warranty.