1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Black #5-got a vin same day

Discussion in 'Order Tracking' started by splinter, May 21, 2006.

1. splinter

splinter New Member

Date Ordered: 5/11/06
    Dealer: toyota of orlando (Orlando,Fl)
    Timeframe for delivery: 12 days
    Color: Black
    Option package: #5
    # on dealer wait list: none that i know of

I have been reading some posts about the long wait to get a prius, my experience has been about as easy as could be.
    My story. i was driving down the road on 5/11/06 to get another part for my gas guzzling SUV. i was just about to pull into the chevy dealer to pay $50 for a bolt, when i saw a toyota dealer across the street. i don't know what pulled me over there, but after driving nothing but chevy trucks for the last 15 years it must have been devine intervention. it was at that moment that i realizied there has got to be a better way. mind you, i have heard of the prius, but never actually seen one or really knew anything about them. as luck would have it there was a used 2005 on the lot. As the battalion of salesmen started to approach me like the allied advance on normandy i almost fleed in fear. but my curiosity was my badge of courage that day. as soon as the salesman told me the mpg this thing would get, i took a test drive and i was sold. To my dismay there were no new ones on the lot. They told me i could have a choice of three that were being delivered on 5/23/06. so, i selected a Black w/ pkg #5, traded in my gas hog, paid the msrp, recieved the vin, and made the deal; all took an hour. i will be picking it up in a couple of day; it was that easy.

since i made the deal i have been keeping my eyes on the lookout for priuses, i think in the last week and a half i have seen maybe 4 on 5 on the road. they do not seem to be all that common in central florida.
    also have been reading this board and learned a lot of valuable info; thanks to all

2. inventor00

inventor00 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Congrats on the new Prius. Excellent choice (of course- this is PriusChat!).