1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Black #5 ordering

Discussion in 'Order Tracking' started by wishes, Apr 28, 2006.

1. wishes

wishes New Member

Date Ordered: March 3, 2006
    Dealer Ordered From (Incl. City/State): DCH Brunswick, NJ
    Timeframe given for delivery: ??
    Color: Black
    Option Package: #5
    Your # on Dealer's Waiting List: #2 for this particular pkg and color, I think either 9 or 10 for all Prius.

This was the second dealer I went to. I could've had the car much sooner, but well...

The Long story: President's day weekend I went to a dealer with my parents and we made a deal for the car I wanted, which just so happened was coming in the next day. He gave me 1000 off MSRP (he said he was using his "Employee discount"), but added 289 for Doc fees and 300 for Reg fees. Later that day, I got a call from Brunswick that same day and they told me to come in and they would beat the deal. So, I went in the next day and sat with the salesman and later the manager came. They told me they would beat the deal I had by at least $700. I asked if that was the lowest they would go and he said no, anything to get my business. However, the documentation for the deal I had said 2005 Prius, so the salesman told me it was a lie and that he (salesman from first dealer) wouldn't really get me the car I asked for. I told them I would get the real documentation and come back. I would've (should've) given a deposit, with the price they promised, but knew my dad would be upset/mad if I made a deal without him/went back on the deal he made with the other guy at the first dealer.

2 days later, I go to dealer #1, he comes an hour late to our appointment, but as I'm waiting, I ask for the correct documentation from another guy. He tries to get it but can't and says that he can't get it until it's time to close the deal. He then prints out the final papers and asks me to sign. I ask why it says non-refundable on the deposit. He asks me why I would need a refundable deposit since I AM buying the car, right? I said yes, but if something happens, I would like to have it refundable. He asks me what I mean by that and I just say if I change my mind or anything. He goes down to the salesman, angry, puts the paper on his desk and asks him what the meaning of this is, and that he thought he was selling the car. Salesguy asks me what happened, I tell him I don't understand why he was being so rude with me, and that I just said I wanted it to be 100% refundable in case anything happens, if I don't want the car anymore or whatever. They put 100% refundable and he asks me why I want the paper if I am having second thoughts, unless I want to go to another dealer and get a better price. I denied it at first but he said that would be the only reason he could see. So I say well, if I can find a better deal than I'd like to, because this is too much for me. He gets up, angry, takes the paper (I ask him to give it back), goes up to the main manager and asks for the 2 other copies (it was a triplicate form), gives it to me and tells me when I feel like putting a deposit to call me and walks back to his desk. Needless to say, I was extremely upset by that treatment. When my dad called to cancel the deal (although he didn't want to), the salesman asked me what he said that upset me and that he was sorry if he said anything to offend me. He also gave me a whole speech about something from the faith we both happened to share (which he made sure to remind us while we were making the deal).

Go back to dealer #2 that Friday, and they refuse to give me the same deal. In fact, they tell me they'll only take $100 off if I buy a car to order and $500 off for a car in stock. I went with my mom and we were both furious. I work nights, too, so I spent time there that I could've used in sleeping. I called the customer service person who always called me and told her what happened. She said she would speak with the other manager. She wanted me to come in the next day, but I was too tired and postponed it to the following Friday. Went the following Friday with mom and managed to get $500 off for a car to be ordered.

So yeah, I could've had the car by now. They really did get it, as I saw it and test drove it a little. But, I don't mind waiting as I have a car that works and would like to pay it cash, which I won't be able to do until the end of May, anyway. And, the tax credit is now good until at LEAST Sept 30.

Here's hoping and patiently waiting...(although my family is a bit less patient than I am).

2. wishes

wishes New Member

I'm now starting to get really anxious and impatient. It's not as much as WANTING the car, but NEEDING it. My current car needs fixing and a reinspection (or I may get a ticket for driving around with a rejected car). Still trying to be patient and not annoy my salesman TOO much. :(

3. uclabruins

uclabruins Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wishes @ May 5 2006, 03:53 PM) [snapback]250505[/snapback]</div>
    Sounds like they wanted to make more money on the cars. Check out what happened to me at: http://priuschat.com/Stay-Away-from-Manhat...ota-t17772.html

4. wishes

wishes New Member

This waiting thing really does increase anticipation. I don't think I had wanted it this badly when I made the deal/gave my deposit. I officially have full blown PAS and REALLY want my new car! :( In fact, everytime I see a Toyota or other car from the front that kinds resembles the Prius, I turn my head and look at, wondering if it's one. Here's hoping I get it within the next month or 2.