1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Black BC, 11/6/03, Westmont, IL

Discussion in 'Order Tracking' started by tigrelily627, Feb 15, 2004.

1. tigrelily627

tigrelily627 New Member

Date ordered:11/6/03
    Dealer ordered from:Oakbrook Toyota in Westmont IL
    Timeframe given for delivery:6-8 weeks but now extended until April or May
    Color:Black
    Option:BC #9
    # on waiting list:no idea

I have not been able to pry my actual place on the waiting list out of my salesman. I was upset to learn of my extended wait only after contacting him after being told that he would contact me with any new information.

I will wait for this car that I am so excited about but am getting very frustrated!

2. jimvitz

jimvitz Junior Member

After I had ordered my silver BC from Elmhurst Toyota on October 23rd, and was told a 3-4 month wait, I contacted Westmont Toyota to see what they'd say. The salesman told me they could get it sooner, but when I asked him to put that in writing he backed down and finally admitted he couldn't promise anything. I heard the same song and dance from Continental Toyota too, so I stuck with Elmhurst, and if all goes according to plan, I should have my car next Saturday, Feb 21st, which will be 2 days short of 4 months. Try talking to the sales manager. In my case he had a better idea of my place in line than the salesman did. Anyway, you're about 2 weeks later than me for the date you placed your order, so maybe it won't be too much longer if Westmont gets similar allocations as Elmhurst.

Good Luck.

Jim

3. tag

tag Senior Member

Yes, I concur; speak to the sales manager. There's absolutely no reason, at least that I can think of, why customers shouldn't know their place on the list. Further, I'd say it's a huge red flag if the dealer can't (or won't) tell a customer his/her place on the list when that question is posited.