1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Black BC (#9) ordered 3/1/2004 Columbus, OH

Discussion in 'Order Tracking' started by gwilliams, Jun 2, 2004.

1. gwilliams

gwilliams New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Date Ordered: 3/1/2004
    Dealer Ordered From (Incl. City/State): Tansky Sawmill Toyota, Columbus, OH
    Timeframe given for delivery: 6-8 months
    Color: Black
    Option Package: BC (#9)
    Your # on Dealer's Waiting List: 45 at time of order :|

2. gwilliams

gwilliams New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Still not much is happening with my local dealer. I've moved up to #25 as of 7/21/2004. However, there's a brighter side of the story.

After things weren't moving much locally, I began to search around in WV (see my other posts regarding Bert Wolfe Toyota in Charleston, WV), as well as around Toyota manufacturing plants nearby (Georgetown, KY and Princeton, IN for example). One dealer I had sent an email query to was:

Uebelhor & Sons Toyota
    Old Highway 231 South
    972 Wernsing Rd.
    Jasper, Indiana 47547
    800.937.USA1

I had almost forgotten about this query when I received an email from their internet manager Andy Hoffman. As it turns out, I must have been overdue for an installment of good Karma. Andy had just returned from a vacation, and had an orphaned Silver BC Prius just allocated and not spoken for. I immediately purchased it, and just took delivery on Wednesday. :D :D :D :D

I've cancelled my orders locally and from Bert Wolfe, so anyone waiting there should benefit from a bump up in line.

Both Andy and the dealership (Uebelhor & Sons) were extremely easy to deal with. I received KBB good trade in value for my Explorer, and bought the Prius for MSRP (no gouging). They threw in one of those Texas $1000 wax jobs (aka Paint Sealant) for free. 8) and sold me the 7/75000/$0 ded Toyota Extra Care Platinum warranty for $685. Overall, I don't think I could have done any better.

The only down side is that Andy said they had taken about 10 Prius orders from folks seeing my car before I arrived to pick it up. So they've just gone from nearly no waiting to a longer wait. Still, it you're in the market for a Prius, and can travel to SW Indiana, it might be worth giving Andy Hoffman a call. If you do, please tell him Glenn Williams sent you. Both he and I would appreciate that.

Oh, one more thing, on the drive home (about 300 miles of mostly freeway driving) averaging about 70 MPH and with AC, I averaged 49.8 MPG! :mrgreen:

Glenn