1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Black Bra for 2006?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Rangerdavid, Aug 28, 2006.

1. Rangerdavid

Rangerdavid Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    So, does anyone know if the black bra is available for the 2006? On Sigma & others they only offer one for the 04 & 05.....

Any suggestions? thanks B)

2. auart

auart Junior Member

Try your toyota dealer, they sell oem stuff...
    If they dont have it try a Google search for Conicelli Toyota in Pennsylvania, they are cheaper. Also 1st Toyota Parts in the state of Washington is a good Toyota dealer to order from, either one of these will ship to you cheaper than most local Toyota Dealers and they only sell Genuine toyota Parts.
    I have bought many Toyota Items for years from both online and always been satisfied and 20 % less than local dealers.

3. stanleyjohn

stanleyjohn New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Toyota didnt make a bra for the 2006.This i confirmed when chatting with toyota USA.Small mod done on the 06 which prevents a real good fit.Some have tried using the 05 bra with the 06 prius with some success.Maybe some 3rd party will come up with a mod to the bra to make it fit an 06 prius better.I hope so! would like to get one.

4. berylrb

berylrb Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(stanlwyjohn @ Aug 28 2006, 10:47 PM) [snapback]310956[/snapback]</div>
    when you say better what is the issue, does it not fit snug near the vents? snaps in the wheel well aren't tight enough? can you point to a thread? I took my 04 bra to a dealer SF Toyota and we looked and to the naked eye there was no discernible difference?

5. auart

auart Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(stanlwyjohn @ Aug 28 2006, 10:47 PM) [snapback]310956[/snapback]</div>
    I stand Corrected...I think...
    On 1sttoyotaparts.com (Washington state) it shows for the 2006, but then it shows 2005 as the title to the part, so it may not be exact.
    I was going to order one myself but I think I will wait and watch, I wouldn't want a bad fit!

6. JimboK

JimboK One owner, low mileage

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    The mod that stanlwyjohn refers to on the 06 is an added piece at the bottom of the front grill/bumper - some call it an air dam - that seems to make the 04/05 bra extremely difficult to attach. As snug as mine is on my '05, I can see how any alteration to the front end would make the fit problematic.

For details you might consider searching PriusChat using "bra," "mask," etc. as your keywords. Also consider doing the same on PriusOnline.com. berylrb, I could point to threads, but I'd have to do the same thing to search for them. I'm working on a dialup connection at the moment and I have a plane to catch in a while, so forgive me for not taking the time.

Jim

7. Bearcatzzz

Bearcatzzz Junior Member

I had mine installed by the dealer because I had heard of the problem. They took the air dam off, installed the bra, and reinstalled the dam over the bra. Can't easily take the bra off. I wouldn't recommend this approach.

8. Dr Ed

Dr Ed New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I bought a Toyota bra for my 06. Dealer said the 04-05 would fit, and added that the Toyota parts manual says 04-06 is the same. The wheel well cover push screws are in the wrong place on the 06 to secure correctly. Would work probably with if you're willing to drill new holes. I retunred it and parts guy #2 said parts guy #1 was wrong. I'll wait for an official 06 version. I prefer my Prius to have "a bra with a more natural uplifting fit." :)