1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Black or Charcoal Gray?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by perryma, Feb 19, 2008.

1. perryma

perryma New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I am about to get floormats. I have a black Prius with tan leather interior. I wanted to get black leather armrests and black floormats. The dealership said they were actually charcoal gray (the floormats ones I could order). I noticed the trimwork along doors etc. is a dark charcoal. So, has anyone seen this? Is charcoal going to be what looks right or do I shop around for black?

2. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  3. davidtm

davidtm Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    My $0.02:

I have a Barcelona Red with Bisque (leather) interior. I initially ordered tan mats from Weather Tech, but they did not match the carpet exactly. (The Bisque is actually very neutral; not "warm" like most tan colors.) I was disappointed, and then realized how much black there is on the dash, so I exchanged them for black, and I am very pleased with the result. :D

DM

4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Black.. matches the dashboard better than charcoal grey. Of course there's always beige if you want to match the lower interior colour.

5. Qlara

Qlara New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Black for the mats too, also hide the dirts better than any light-color carpets.