1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Black plastic "cap" for rear wiper

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by isucompositeur, Aug 20, 2013.

1. isucompositeur

isucompositeur Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello all,

My wife had a disagreement with the garage door this morning while trying to back my Prius out that ended with the little plastic cap that covers the joint of the rear washer being broken (I'm just grateful it wasn't more serious!).

I know it's a minor thing, but I take pristine care of my Prius and I'm a self-admitted OCD. Does anybody know of a place I could buy that part aside from the dealer and their 500% upcharge?

Thanks.

2. KrisTheFrog

KrisTheFrog New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Local junk, wrecking or salvage yard....neighbor's Prius <Opps, forget I said that>:whistle:

3. KrisTheFrog

KrisTheFrog New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I was curious, since I pry this thing off on an irregular basis during my semi-annual dusting of said car (O.K., it is more like when I think about it).

So, I check the web very quickly. I did not specify a particular model year, etc, but just doing a quick google for rear wiper prius cap came up with a $4 part. Not too bad and this was direct from Village Toyota, wherever they may be...

Apparently the same cap fits the Lexus, so that helps.

So, I can't imagine it would be more than $10 wherever you go

CAP, REAR WIPER ARM HEAD; COVER, REAR WIPER ARM.
    TOYOTA Prius.
    CAP, WIPER ARM HEAD WITH(INTERMITTENT REAR WIPER)
    Stock Code 8529235010
    Manufacturer
    Toyota