1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Black Prius OEM Rear Spoiler - Is it paint?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by s2kinfinite, Sep 28, 2015.

1. s2kinfinite

s2kinfinite Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Hello everyone I am new here. I notice some light hairline scratches on my spoiler. Before I get the scratches out would anyone know if the piano black is auto paint or just a shiny finish on plastic?

2. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I believe the black is the actual plastic, embedded. OTOH, gloss black automotive touch-up paint does a half-decent job. If they're very thin hairline scratches across the face, I'd be inclined to just leave them, or try one of those fill-in colour products. I only used paint on the worst offenders, at the trailing edge.

Was it from the arm on your garage door opener? I wrapped some foam pipe insulation around ours. After the first couple of incidents. :(

3. s2kinfinite

s2kinfinite Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Hello from Toronto to Vancouver! Oh no problem if its plastic than I might use plastic polish but I'll see if it really bothers me Ill paint it.....just an eye sore. Mine was not from garage door opener it's just a light scuff that goes up and down (rubbing small area)...I think my other half tried to clean it and the rest is history......