1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Black shift knob?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by petteri, Dec 24, 2003.

1. petteri

petteri New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Does anyone out there have a black shift knob as seen on some of the prius photos from Toyota? I have the ivory interior and the end of the knob is silver in color. Its a small detail but I really liked the look of the black knob. Thanks! If this is an option somewhere (ie Europe, Japan) perhaps a part number can be dug up?

Petteri
    Miami, FL

2. talonts

talonts VFAQman

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Unless you've seen it on a regular street Prius, rather than on Toyota's site, don't assume it is an option. It might have been pre-production.

The NCF shows how the light-pipe is built into the knob, so if you use an aftermarket knob, you'll lose the lit pattern, unless someone creates one with the light-pipe shift pattern in it (HIGHLY unlikely in a low volume car).

Bottom line, unless someone in Japan replies with a part #, you'll probably be out of luck.

There's always paint ;-)

3. petteri

petteri New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    That's what I've concluded. Oh, well. I've gotten used to the gray knob now anyway. Thanks!