1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Blackberry 7100g (Cingular) & Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by farmkid, Apr 20, 2005.

1. farmkid

farmkid New Member

Got my Prius (LOVE it). Got my Blackberry 7100g (TRYING to love it). Now that I have this "new & improved" Blackberry phone (had to give up my most favorite Disney ringtones in the process), how can I use it? I have successfully paired it with my car and it works great. It's just that address book transfer piece that really boggles me. Is it time to give up? Would a Treo 650 have been better? Since they don't have a demo unit at my local Cingular store, and the 7100g is pretty new, they haven't been able to be a lot of help. So, now . . . I'm counting on YOU. Can you help?

2. kpauley

kpauley New Member

I don't have a Prius, yet, but I do have a 7100g from Cingular. I was in my buddies Prius the other day and setup the Bluetooth connectivity and it worked great. I did not get to try the addressbook function, but I think I know what you need to do.

It is likely that for the sync to work it will have to pull the data from the SIM address book, not from the Blackberry address book. To try this out, go into your address book on the Blackberry then click the wheel, you should have an option to go to the SIM Phone Book. Add an entry in there, then try the sync and see if it works.

I don't know of any way to transfer contacts to the SIM though, but I haven't looked real hard. If this works, then I'm sure I'll find a way!

Let me know, because I don't have the car yet....