1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Blackberry 7130 on Verizon

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by chrisek, Dec 5, 2005.

1. chrisek

chrisek geek

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I'm in the Bay Area (CA) and already in Verizon. Looking for a phone to work with our Prius (obviously). I'm interested in this Blackberry 7130e. Here's my question:

While the phone itself does not offer "voice dial" does this also mean that the "voice dial" of the Prius is disabled when paired? Umm, same question asked a different way: does the phone I get have to have voice dial to interface with voice commands to the car?

Thanks for any help, this an area I'm lacking knowledge.

2. madams

madams New Member

Voice dial doesn't work with the Prius. I Have a V710 (Motorola) and I can do voice dial with my headset or just with the phone but that is beyond the Prius' capabilities.

3. chrisek

chrisek geek

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Thank you madams, I was under the impression that dialing the phone was one of the voice commands in the Prius.

Others have posted that the phone was in a room above the garage and they were still able to call out of the Prius. Is that all just touch screen dialling?

Neither of us have a bluetooth phone yet, so just trying to research to get ones that work and don't know the interface yet.

4. jwe8f

jwe8f New Member

Voice dial is new on the '06. I don't have one, but I suspect the car does the translation and then just sends the phone number to the phone.

5. tag

tag Senior Member

I love my 04 but have to say, it's about time. A BT car kit with a speed sensor and without voice dial is, well, just not a good combination.

6. chrisek

chrisek geek

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    OK, just ordered my new phone (the 7130e) getting it overnighted though I think it will show Thursday as it is 4pm here and I don't know where they are shipping from.

On top of that my wife and I are going on our first road trip in the Prius on Friday (going to Ramona for a wedding) and coming back Sunday.

I will post how it works with the Prius after we get back.

7. chrisek

chrisek geek

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Got it today! I won't be able to try it until our road trip Friday (it is her car after all :angry: ) and report back in Sunday. Unless I get the web browser up and running before then!