1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Blackberry Bold and Blackberry Storm

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by catsbox, Oct 11, 2008.

1. catsbox

catsbox Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    The Blackberry Bold and Storm are due out any month now in the U.S. Has anyone gotten their hands on either and if so, have you had any problems getting it to pair with the Prius? I know that Storm will be offered by Verizon.

2. abishai100

abishai100 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    The Storm should be compatible, but no official word yet!

I'm waiting for the first touchscreen smartphone (with bluetooth) that has a full web browser with flash capabilities (and windows media or something comparable); now that's something I would like to connect to my HiHy or Prius.

3. catsbox

catsbox Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Update. I got my Storm, it paired perfectly with my 2005 Prius. I did not attempt a phone book transfer, no need.

4. maspa

maspa New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I have a 2008 Prius w navigation; my new Storm connects fine to bluetooth except when using speedial on the phone, it connects momentarily than drops; I have no problem dialing out from the phone when using contacts, but it defeats handsfree benefit of using speedial

any suggestions appreciated

thx

5. voltswagon

voltswagon New Member

My Blackberry Storm pairs fine with my 04 Prius but the sound quality is terrible, loud and muffled. Anyone else have this problem?
    Bob

6. bonsai

bonsai New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius

I just bought the Blackberry Storm and it will not pair with my 2009 Prius. The Toyota dealer said no Storms will pair with the new Prius. We tried everything and it would pair for one phone call and then the next moment it was all deleted from the system. I know my Prius pairs great with my Blackberry World.

Is there a fix or patch to get my Blackberry Storm to pair with the 09 Prius?

7. msirach

msirach Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Dial *611 and explain the problem to a Verizon tech. They will know more about pairing probs than a Toyota dealer probably.

8. 06prius

06prius New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    I have the Storm and it paired with no problems so I don't know what could be going on.

9. catsbox

catsbox Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Make sure your bluetooth settings in the Storm are enabled for automatic pairing. If that does not help, go to CrackBerry.com ? The #1 Site for BlackBerry Users & Abusers and visit the Storm forum. You can search there for info, or post questions. It is the Blackberry equivalent of Prius Chat, with more techy info than you could ever want. Either of these should give you the fix.

10. tom1l21

tom1l21 Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I have a bold and it pairs fine with my 05. The sound quality is much better than my Curve too!