1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Blackberry Curve?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Rangerdavid, Aug 18, 2008.

1. Rangerdavid

Rangerdavid Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    Hi all!

my new every two cell phone contract with verizon is just about up, and I can upgrade to a new phone. I currently have the motorola Q, and I think I would like the Blackberry Curve.

does anyone here have one? if so, how is the compatability with the Prius bluetooth? I would certainly appreciate any and all feedback.

Thanks in advance !!

2. Joekc

Joekc Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I have the Blackberry 8130 Pearl (Verizon) and it works fine. :)

3. LOLGuy

LOLGuy Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I've got Verizon's 8830 and it works fine. It's compatible with the Prius's bluetooth.

4. pdhenry

pdhenry It's HEEERE!

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Another 8830 here. No real problems. Transferring the address book was simple once I figured out the secret sequence (you need to push from the phone rather than pull from the Prius, or at least after initializing the Prius to receive). One small catch is that the Prius only has two numbers per directory entry so if a BB contact has more than two phone numbers it will appear multiple times in the Prius phonebook. Very minor issue, and handled the correct way, IMO.

5. Rangerdavid

Rangerdavid Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    Great!! thanks for the responses......

pdhenry, my Motorola Q did the push-pull thing too, thanks for the heads up. i can't wait for my new phone!!