1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Blackberry Pearl and Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by petitloango, Apr 2, 2007.

1. petitloango

petitloango Junior Member

I am starting an account with T-mobile and would like to get the Blackberry Pearl. Has anyone used this phone with a 2005 Prius (with navigation)? Does the auto answer work?

Any other suggestions? My second choice is the Razr.

I would like to sync it with my mac laptop too.

Do you have any info on these?

Thanks,

Christy

2. catsbox

catsbox Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(petitloango @ Apr 2 2007, 04:46 PM) [snapback]416602[/snapback]</div>

I have the Blackberry Pearl and it works great with my 2005 Prius. I have not tried the auto answer feature so I cannot tell you for sure on that. TMobile will give you 30 days to return it if it does not work with your car. FYI, I had the Razr and it worked well also. You can PM me if you have questions.

3. jblue

jblue New Member

The Blackberry Pearl from Verizon does not work with my 2004 Prius. While it will pair with the system, it will not transmit sound through the system. To be fair, Toyota does not list the Verizon Pearl among its compatible phones. But, interestingly, the Pearl from T-Mobile is compatible.

Apparently Verizon has crippled the Bluetooth in some manner.

4. ebsmythe

ebsmythe Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I am using a Pearl on Rogers with my 2007 Prius with Nav. It works perfectly.

You can call from your MFD or from the Pearl and once it starts ringing it goes thru the cars mike and speaker system. Sound is crystal clear, better than any other hands-free I have used.

I transfered my address book from the Pearl to the car with no problem.

Transfer the phone book from your Mac to the Pearl using PocketMac.

5. mbarlow

mbarlow Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I have a T-Mob Pearl that syncs flawlessly with my '04 Prius with nav. Everything works except the transfer of my phone book (7400 entries may be the problem). Auto answer works, speaker on driver's side works. There is an annoying 1.5 second delay when I answer, but this may be typical and I've gotten used to it. Others may comment about the delay issue.

I would be cautious about wanting to use your new BB with a Mac. They don't, shall we say "play nicely." There are a couple software work-arounds, but many Mac users eventually give up and buy an iPhone. Check out pinstack.com for lots of great information on the BlackBerry Pearl (81xx series), and issues with Macs + BB.

I have Macs at home but my work machine is Windows based - too bad, love the Mac.

6. cpaulson

cpaulson New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I have a question - how do you transfer your address book from the pearl to the prius? I have an 07 prius. Thanks!