1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

BlackBerry user: PC Font Too Big!

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by Whiteyprius, Dec 24, 2008.

1. Whiteyprius

Whiteyprius Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    After Verizon resent "Service Books" to my 8830 the font on Priuschat (only) is way big, which makes the site very hard to navigate.:( All other websites are my default font. Any help is appreciated! :D

2. Trevor

Trevor Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    If I still had access to my 8830, we could compare browser settings, but I got upgraded to a Storm (hate it).

But anyway, maybe you could try installing another browser on the Blackberry for any pages that act up on the built in broswer... something like Opera mini.

3. Whiteyprius

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks for the idea! I couldn't get Opera mini to act right, but merely using Yahoo rather than Google (which was my default browser) corrected the issue. In the search for a resolve I found "Yahoo Go," designed for smart phones. It's pretty cool - trying to work out some bugs. Bummer about the "Storm." I've not seen good reviews on them. What's your main beef? Thanks again for the help:)

4. Trevor

Trevor Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Sounds like one of your icons is set to the "Blackberry" browser and the other one to the "Internet" browser.

I am so much faster on the 8800's keyboard than I am with the Storm's onscreen keyboard. The "Suretype" feature that you can use when you hold the BB in it's normal orientation is pretty good for typing quick messages, but I have a really hard time typing all the techie stuff that my work email will usually contain because some of the Jargon isn't in it's dictionary.

I am required to use a password with my blackberry. I can hardly ever get that password right the first time. With the normal orientation I have to use the old cell phone method of hitting each onscreen key multiple times to get the letter I want. (To get the letter S I have to hit the number 7 4 times). If I want to get the old qwerty keyboard onscreen then I have to rotate the device.

I am also having a lot of trouble adjusting to the lack of a jog wheel or track ball, It made navigating menus a lot easier than clicking onscreen.

It does have a really good screen for watching videos, and the built in speaker is the loudest that I've ever heard in any handheld device. But since the BB is my business device, those positives don't outweigh the additional time that it takes me to read and respond to email.

5. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I set mine to size 6 and looks fine for me. Browser Options -> General Properties -> Font Family: BBMillbank / size: 6.

6. Whiteyprius

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I resolved my own issue: menu, options, browser configuration, (then click off) support style sheets. Yea:) Now I can once again enjoy PC on my BlackBerry!