1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Blame the Liberal Democrats

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by ohershey, Jul 2, 2007.

1. ohershey

ohershey New Member

Massive budget deficits = Liberal Democrats?

Hmm, seems like I've heard that argument before, but never seen any research... Time for a little good old fact checking.
    Let's see, where to get data? How about straight from the source?
    The white house's historical budget information.
    The Senate statistics on party control.
    The House of Reps statistics on party control.

So, the congress has the "power of the purse", let's start with them. The house is more unpredictable than the relatively
    conservative senate. They must me the culprits. Let's see what the debt looks like, charted against the House:
    [​IMG]

Wow, that's not really satisfying. I'm not sure exactly how that cooresponds - it looks like both parties have presided over
    distinctive decreases and increases. Hmm, maybe the Senate? Let's see:
    [​IMG]

Looks pretty similar - both parties up and down. That leaves the executive - not what I expect to matter since
    Congress passes the budget, but let's see:
    [​IMG]

Well, now that's interesting. At long last, a correlation. Proof, indeed that it's those damned liberal democrats in the white
    house who run up the debt.

Note: This originally appeared in this topic, but I liked it so much I thought I'd put it up as a topic.

2. MegansPrius

MegansPrius GoogleMeister, AKA bongokitty

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Lies, damned lies, and statistics.

Or...insofar as budgets were smaller in the past, looking at only "percentage" numbers can create a distorted picture.

3. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    How do you propose we pay for the massive debt our Moron in Chief has managed to accrue and will continue to add on to until he's finally gone?

Maybe Tax and Spend should now be labeled Chimponomics.

OH, and way to take the spotlight of the commuting of Scooter's sentence. Libby won't spend a minute in jail. What a surprise. Payoff for keeping his mouth shut. The phrase "thick as thieves" comes immediately to mind.

4. MegansPrius

MegansPrius GoogleMeister, AKA bongokitty

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II

Attached Files:

5. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MegansPrius @ Jul 2 2007, 08:59 PM) [snapback]471979[/snapback]</div>
    Gee. The Blue Democratic lines seem to go up and the Red Republican lines seem to go down.

Is that because the Republicans are the ones spending money we don't have and the Democrats are trying the best way they can to pay off the Republican debt.

Chimponomics at it's best. At least little Georgie can brag that he outdid his Daddy when it comes to the national debt. What a legacy.

6. priussoris

priussoris New Member

Well we made it through the " Reaganomics" now we have to get over the " Bushonomics"
    the phrase " Fuzzy Math" always makes me :lol: :lol: :lol:

7. ohershey

ohershey New Member

Hmm... It seems there was some misinterpretation of my initial post. Perhaps I should have used this as the final line:

[sarcasm]Well, now that's interesting. At long last, a correlation. Proof, indeed that it's those damned liberal democrats in the white
    house who run up the debt.[/sarcasm]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godiva @ Jul 2 2007, 05:43 PM) [snapback]471929[/snapback]</div>
    I don't know - maybe quit giving away our GDP in corporate subsudies and unearned no-bid contracts? Oh, and close the gap between capitol gains tax and income tax, so that they are a similar percentage?
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godiva @ Jul 2 2007, 05:43 PM) [snapback]471929[/snapback]</div>
    Fair - though I for one don't see what the furor is all about. It was patently obvious he had to do something. I espect a full pardon by the end of the term. You have to protect your cronies when they stick their neck out, or they stop doing it. We can't have him rolling over and implicating Darth Cheney.
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MegansPrius @ Jul 2 2007, 06:59 PM) [snapback]471979[/snapback]</div>
    Funny, looks like the same pattern to me, though graphing it as a percentage also factors in economic growth, yet another thing those damn liberal democrats are opposed to.

Oh wait, let me be clear:
    Funny, looks like the same pattern to me, though graphing it as a percentage also factors in economic growth, [sarcasm]yet another thing those damn liberal democrats are opposed to.[/sarcasm]

8. MarinJohn

MarinJohn Senior Member

Lack of realistic 'opposing' response demonstrates the opposition is fading into the woodwork rather than be exposed for the liars they and their party has become renowned for.