1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Blazingly Fast

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by jburns, May 7, 2006.

1. jburns

jburns Senior Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    SAN FRANCISCO (Business 2.0 Magazine) - Ian Wright has a car that blows away a Ferrari 360 Spider and a Porsche Carrera GT in drag races, and whose 0-to-60 acceleration time ranks it among the fastest production autos in the world. In fact, it's second only to the French-made Bugatti Veyron, a 1,000-horsepower, 16-cylinder beast that hits 60 mph half a second faster and goes for $1.25 million.

The key difference? The Bugatti gets eight miles per gallon. Wright's car? It runs off an electric battery.

Full Article

2. SyZyGy

SyZyGy New Member

Actually his car is based of the Arial Atom, which is stupid fast. It's actually a street legal go-kart. It's also considered an alternative to sportbikes. The actual gasoline version is faster than this guys conversion, but it is still a cool electric car. Just so you know, its the horsepower to weight ratio is what makes things fast. Thats why a Yamaha R1 with 180hp that weighs like 370 lbs (without rider) will take the quarter mile in the high 9 seconds stock. :)

If I didn't have a sportbike already, I'd consider the Arial Atom. It goes for like mid $30K for the one with the faster engine. :)

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah, esp. the 300hp version with a supercharged Honda Type R engine!

4. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Is that the car darell (I think!) got to drive? I remember seeing a video of a race between the X1 and a couple conventional gas-engine sports cars. It blew them away...

Yes!! Found it!!

Darell and the X1

5. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Wow, that car has a Pioneer AVIC-N1 DVD/CD/MP3/Nav system with Vehicle Dynamics system.