1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Blew fuse for 12V acc

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by kmc6566, Mar 11, 2009.

1. kmc6566

kmc6566 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I was playing with the 12V acc under the dash and blew the fuse for it. I looked at the fuses in the engine but I wasn't sure which one was for it and I didn't just want to start pulling fuses out to see which one it was.
    Can someone tell me which one it is. Thanks.

I still can't believe I did that.

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    You'll need to find the fuse box which is under the instrument panel, near where your left knee would be when you are sitting in the driver's seat. The Owner's Manual contains a list of all fuses. Look for the two 15A fuses that are labeled PWR OUTLET and PWR OUTLET (FR).

Also note that these fuses are a special size and it is quite likely that your local discount auto parts store will not carry this, so they'll have to place a special order or you will need to visit the parts counter of your Toyota dealer.

3. kmc6566

kmc6566 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Thanks for the help.

4. EZW1

EZW1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Check if you have power to one or neither power outlets. If you have power to the outlet in the center console but not the one on the dash, then you blew the PWR OUTLET FR fuse. If you lost power to both, then you likely only blew the PWR OUTLET fuse.

5. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    If you need a spare, there is an extra one in the fuse box under the hood. Near the driver side headlight.

See Boo's pics to properly open the fuse box: http://priuschat.com/forums/knowled...nge-headlamp-headlight-bulb-9.html#post807842

You can see my video to see where the fuse box is and how not to open the fuse box. :)
    [ame=http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=526919086408457638&hl=en]Prius: Replacing Headlamp bulb (1/4)[/ame]

6. CatahoulaB

CatahoulaB Redneck Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I have power to the console but not the front power outlet. I checked all the fuses and they are good. Is there something I may be missing?

Thanks.

7. Bob64

Bob64 Sapphire of the Blue Sky

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    perhaps the outlet wire broke somehow?

8. brownsnoutuk

brownsnoutuk Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    You can use a small standard 15a blue fuse. No it will not be sunk all the way into the fuse box, but yes its safe and yes you can close the fuse box door. 5 for ~$2.