1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Blind, junk science -- LA Times

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by bwilson4web, Apr 29, 2008.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Ok, I know it is lame to quote yourself but I wrote this letter to the editor of the "Los Angles Times," the major news paper of the area that includes UC Riverside where Prof. Rosenblum works. It is time Prof. Rosenblum face the facts and data and a newspaper, letter to the editor does just that:
    If you live in the Riverside CA area, your letter to the editor IN YOUR OWN WORDS would carry more weight. I don't mind sharing my thoughts but you really need to write and speak in phrases that match your style. They really don't like to see a 'blizzard' of copy-cat notes.

I wrote this letter after reading this:
    Media-Newswire.com - Press Release Distribution - PR Agency
    Rosenblum changed his March 2008 results, which were not impressive, to add more background noise, adding additional idling engines. He had to do this because his earlier results without out the background noise could easily be handled by having the blind use hearing aids.

The obvious answer is to repeat the test using bus and delivery truck noises ... and a marching band or even a boom-box car. Don't forget the low flying airplane and the screaming child. In fact, add diesel engine noises and the person talking on the cell phone. To me the real conclusion is we should eliminate the hazards of all other noises so quiet cars can be clearly heard.

Don't forget the obvious that of six blind people killed in pedestrian accidents in 2006 out of all 5,000 pedestrians and cyclists, all were struck by noise emitting vehicles. It would a terrible thing if the last sound they heard was a faux noise maker on a hybrid.

We need effective solutions to the 5,000 deaths, not more useless noise makers!

Bob Wilson