1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Blind spot/post question

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by pyccku, Aug 21, 2009.

1. pyccku

pyccku Happy Prius Driver

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I have a genII and the one problem I have with the car - the ONLY problem I have with it - is the blind spot caused by the post between the front and rear doors on other side. I have a hard time with lane changes due to it, I always check several times b/c I know it's so easy to miss something due to that post.

Does the gen3 seem to have a similar issue? I'm thinking of taking a test drive just to try it out, but I'd like to get some input here first.

2. fgp

fgp Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    i think most cars have some sort of blind spot . my solution is the inch and a half round dollar ninety nine convex mirror. i put this on every vehicle ive had for the last ten years. :)

3. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Instead of some el cheapo convex mirror which uglify the car, adjust your side mirrors outward until you can no longer see the side of the car and this should eliminate 75% of the exisiting blind spot. You don't need to see your face or the car's body in the side view mirrors.

4. mgb4tim

mgb4tim Noob

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I have a small "el-cheapo" rectangular mirror. I've got/had them on all my cars, except the Triumph, for years and years. Better safe than stylish, I guess.