1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Block Heater Timers for Free!!!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by kenkneeb, Oct 26, 2005.

1. kenkneeb

kenkneeb Member

FREE BLOCK HEATER TIMERS (not block heaters!) FOR ANCHORAGE FOLKS!!!

Amended Post:

My Apologies for my earlier misreading of this article. This promo is for a Block Heater Timer, Not A Block Heater!!! Again, I apologize and give thanks to the ever observant DanMan for pointing out my error. Anybody know how I can edit the Title???

While doing a search on block heaters for my '05 Prius I came across this VERY AWESOME offer for the residents of Anchorage, AK (my old, albeit short-term home town). If you are a resident of Anchorage, CHECK THIS OUT. GO LAST FRONTIER:

http://www.greenstarinc.org/enews/enewsv6n...nchor-AIR-14210

AIR QUALITY IN ANCHORAGE - CLEAN AIR TRANSPORTATION WEEK IS NOVEMBER 7-13, 2005

With the colder weather just beginning to settle in, Green Star is kicking off our winter air quality season in Anchorage with Clean Air Transportation Week from November 7th through the 13th. Activities throughout the week will highlight and promote a variety of ways businesses and individuals can help reduce air pollutants and promote cleaner air.

During Clean Air Transportation Week, Green Star will give away free engine block heater timers for residents who live within the Municipality of Anchorage and park outdoors. Green Star also will provide information about the Municipality’s Engine Block Heater Installation program, which will begin at the end of October.

For those Anchorage residents whose vehicles don’t already have an engine block heater, the Municipality of Anchorage has a low-cost program to install engine block heaters in most car makes and models. To further sweeten the deal, an extension cord and timer also are provided. This program will be available on a first come, first served basis and costs $25. Given that this package would normally cost several hundred dollars, this is a great deal!

To really help improve Anchorage’s air quality and encourage folks to choose air-friendly activities, Green Star will be promoting our Air Quality Award. Businesses can earn an Air Quality Award by meeting voluntary standards. As part of the Award program, employers can sign up for a pilot project entitled A Buck or Two for AQ (Air Quality). By encouraging employers to provide financial incentives and make use of federal tax-free incentives available for transit and van pool passes, Green Star hopes to show employees there are more fun and less costly ways to get to and from work.

In addition, we will be working with businesses and auto dealerships to get the word out about engine block heaters and plugging in. For fun incentives, there will be thermometers, window scrapers, sweatshirts, and other prizes available to promote and encourage “air-friendly†behavior both at home and on the way to work.

Get' em while they're HOT!

Ken

2. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

OK, your title is deceptive. The block heater is not free, but the timer is.

3. kenkneeb

kenkneeb Member

Shisha! You are right DanMan!!! mea culpa!!! i was so excited I didn't see the word TIMER!!! I will amend the post. Dang! Sounded so good!

Well, they say TIMING IS EVERYTHING! Perhaps a Timer is pretty darn Close.

Sorry once again in my zeal! I will Slow Down while excited!

Ken

4. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

You are forgiven my son. :D :D