1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Blocked Grille and Dealer

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by WD0AFQ, Jan 27, 2013.

1. WD0AFQ

WD0AFQ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Tuesday we take the car in for the 10k oil change. Has anyone left the grille blocked during a dealer visit? I am thinking I should snatch the foam out of my grille before taking it in.
    What say ya'll?
    Dan

2. mmmodem

mmmodem Senior Taste Tester

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Dealers, like any insurance company are always looking for reasons not to pay on a claim. I wouldn't want to give them any reason to say the engine overheated because of your grill block and not a faulty water pump or whatever is wrong. Take the it off at least until the warranty period is over.

ProZach likes this.
  3. xs650

xs650 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Even if the dealer isn't looking for an out, something a mechanic looks for in a trouble shooting process is anything unusual that might have caused the problem. It's unlikely that a mechanic is going to be aware of various mods and the effects they have or don't have on a car so a grill block will legitimately raise suspicions.

Take it out before you go to the dealer and be sure you are monitoring important temperatures when you run a grill block

ProZach and F8L like this.
  4. WD0AFQ

WD0AFQ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I think yall are right. Will pull it and put in back til I get out of there. 30 seconds to get it out and not much more to put it back.
    Thanks,
    Dan

5. WD0AFQ

WD0AFQ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Looking at your locations. I have spent a good amount of time in Fremont, next to Milpitas, and in Eureka, California. Great places to visit.
    Dan

6. RocMills

RocMills Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I left my blocking in when I took Entu for his 5K checkup... no one said anything and the insulation was still in place when they returned the car to me.