1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Blow a fuse or something else?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by mkg605, Apr 29, 2017.

1. mkg605

mkg605 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hi everyone,

I recently added a stealth radio on my 2007 prius. I forgot to add the resistor and the radio worked for a second, and then shut off. I added the resistor and things started working again, but not the radio. I thought it might be the fuse in the new radio or the radio itself that broke, but neither is the case.

I also noticed that when I put the fob in the ignition slot and open the door, it no longer beeps at me. Also, the light doesn't come up on the dashboard saying that a door isn't open. However, it does come up when the car is turned on.

Actually, no lights work inside when the car is turned off. Is this just a fuse problem, or did I do something else to it?

Thanks!

2. 05PreeUs

05PreeUs Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Radios do not need resistors, but based on the description you gave, it seems like either you do have a blown fuse for interior lighting maybe?

3. audiodave

audiodave Active Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I'd go through your fuses, seems to be the problem.
    The resistor is to keep your screen and car info on. Don't know what it's called.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.