1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Blue Ribbon Metallic question

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by BlacknBlueYJ, Jun 18, 2011.

1. BlacknBlueYJ

BlacknBlueYJ New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Sup guys,

Hopefully this is in the right section :confused: Also, sorry for another thread about BRM lol.

So, I've been looking around a-lot for that perfect blue color, when one day I seen Prius drive down the road and I was like :eek:! preeeetty! Looked the color up on the internet and found it was BRM. Well I went to a Toyota dealership today to see it up close. Well the only car they had there with the blue ribbon metallic color was a 2008 Camry. However, what I saw was very different :( Which left me confused.

replace ***'s with com

To give you an ex. This is what I saw:

images.gtcarlot.***/gtgallery/photo.php?id=26347978

This is what I want!:

i145.photobucket.***/albums/r220/DjUnstable/1024.jpg

i145.photobucket.***/albums/r220/DjUnstable/camry01.jpg

These pic's were from google btw...nothing I took personally.

So I guess what I'm asking is....whats the deal!? I don't want to have my car painted and then find out it's not what I wanted. Was there a color change in the mixture of the BRM or is the car in the first picture showing the wrong color?

Note* The car in the first picture is what I saw at the dealership (lucky to find a pic online) color and everything. Def. doesn't look anything like the other 2 pictures.

Thanks in advanced :) Have a good one,

Jake

2. BAllanJ

BAllanJ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I didn't look at your pics, but is it possible that you saw a blue Honda Insight? They look a lot like a prius and they do have a very nice blue colour.

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    All 3 cars are painted in Blue Ribbon Metallic.

I wouldn't be put off by the first picture, especially since it was taken on a rainy day. Wait til you see Blue Ribbon Metallic in the sun. It'll look like the 3rd pic.

4. BlacknBlueYJ

BlacknBlueYJ New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Naw, I wish I could post the pics, but it was a Toyota Camry in the first picture, which is what I saw a the dealership.

I would agree, but the picture is just an example of what I saw at the dealership (as I didn't take the picture).

I don't know haha...I'm starting to think they had to have made a color error on the Camry at the dealership or something, cause later THAT day, I saw 2 newer Camry's with the blue ribbon metallic color shown in the 2nd pictures lol, so my hands are up in the air......I think when I get my paint job done, Ill tell them I want the BRM off of the Prius II-V and 2010-11 Camry and show them a picture of the color just in case.

Thanks for the replies btw!

5. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I think they are the only two that use Blue Ribbon...

Yaris - Bayou Blue or Blazing Blue
    Yaris sedan - Pacific Blue or Zephyr Blue
    Corolla - Nautical Blue
    Matrix - Nautical Blue
    Avalon - none
    RAV4 - Nautical Blue or Pacific Blue
    Highlander - Nautical Blue or Shoreline Blue
    Venza - Tropical Sea
    FJ - Voodoo Blue
    4Runner - Shoreline Blue