1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Blue Tooth Connection

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Terry Holt, Apr 26, 2005.

1. Terry Holt

Terry Holt New Member

As I said in my prevous messge which the computer ate. I don't know what I am doing but thought maybe somebody may have the answer to my problem. If you do, e-mail me at "[email protected]".

Here is the problem. I have a 2004 Prius with a Blue Tooth setup. I can call our--no problem--and can receive okay IF I know there is a call. But the damn phone won't ring incoming calls. I have a Motorola cell phone and the Prius finds it without any problem but it JUST WON'T ring incoming calls. I have discused it with my dealer and even called Toyota in Caoifornia but nobody seems to know what to do. I sure would appreciate it if somebody could help.

2. Terry Holt

Terry Holt New Member

3. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Who is your cell phone provider and what phone! If it is Verizon you need to up grade your phone but you will never be able to upload the phone book. My advice is leave Verizon if you can and go to another provider, not everyone can.

4. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Some phones ring through the car speaker, some don't. My Motorola T610 didn't, my v505 does. The audio for the radio always mutes, however, and that is your clue that there is an incoming call.

If you don't usually have the radio on the car is usually quiet enough that you should hear the phone ring...which it still should even though it doesn't ring through the car speaker.

You really should work on your message posting technique and try to provide all necessary details if you desire complete and accurate answers.

5. hschuck

hschuck Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Terry Holt\";p=\"84670)</div>
    I had a similar problem (Sprint/pm-325). My recollection is that after answering the call on my phone, a phone menu was available so that I could transfer the call to the car or select automatic transfer. Having selected automatic transfer my phone rings thru the car audio. You may have a similar capability. Look around.

6. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hschuck\";p=\"84874)</div>
    Harry, I wish you would have posted this information earlier. I'll be experimenting with my Sprint LG PM-325 first thing in the morning. I never paid much attention to that menu in the past, although I have manually transfered calls from the phone to the car and vice versa..

7. DawnMarie

DawnMarie New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius

8. IsrAmeriPrius

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Follow up:

This morning, I went through every menu on the Sprint LG PM-325 both during calls and while the phone was on standby. I could not find any "Automatic" audio transfer option, only a plain "Audio Transfer" function which permits me to manually transfer calls between the phone and the Hands Free system. The phone will still not ring through the car's audio system.

9. Desdemona

Desdemona New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DawnMarie\";p=\"84898)</div>
    It seems that every phone out there works differently with this system. Mine rings through the car even if I have it set to vibrate or silent.

10. hschuck

hschuck Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    IsrAmeriPrius, I don't have my phone available right now so I can't experiment, but, recollection is that the auto-transfer option is available from the same options menu as the a single transfer. It may be that auto-transfer is only available while the phone is ringing.

11. IsrAmeriPrius

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hschuck\";p=\"85379)</div>
    I tested it with incoming calls (my daughter was in the car with me calling my cell phone from hers) and only saw a single "Audio Transfer" option, when I answered the call with the phone. I then transfered the call to the Handsfree set; the selection lasted only for the duration of the call. The next time I'll answer with the Handsfree device and check to see if different options are offered on the phone menu.

P.S. I do have the latest LG PM-325 firmware, v18, which I downloaded two weeks ago.

12. hschuck

hschuck Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    IsrAmeriPrius,

I cannot find an auto transfer menu now (or any way to revert the phone to handset answer). I suspect that I mis-read 'audio' as 'auto' and am lucky that my phone continues to transfer the call automatically.

13. IsrAmeriPrius

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Thanks.

Just to clarify matters.

I am able to make or answer calls using either the handset or the Handsfree system in the car.

The calls will not transfer automatically from the phone to the car if I enter and start the car while I am in the middle of a phone call. The system does recognize that I am on the phone, as the MFD will display the call in progress screen, with the volume control, and the stereo will mute.

By the way, a test of a call in progress transfer function from the car's Handsfree system to the handset shows the exact same menu options on the phone as during a transfer from the handset to the car's system.