1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Blue Tooth disconnects

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by dancekat59, May 18, 2007.

1. dancekat59

dancekat59 Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    My blue tooth connection w/ my phone will sometimes quit in mid conversation and I can't get it to reconnect unless I power off the car. I've tried turning the phone on/off but it doesn't reconnect. Is there a way to "reset" the blue tooth without having to turn the car off?

2. bastcat8

bastcat8 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dancekat59 @ May 18 2007, 06:22 PM) [snapback]445308[/snapback]</div>
    This happens to me sometimes also. You can reset it if you are stopped or if you have the thingy that overrides the MFD while your moving. (I would love to get it but I don't have anyone to install it) You just go to the phone button on the MFD, then go to settings and push phones (i think) and pick your phone, then it should pick back up. If

3. ceric

ceric New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dancekat59 @ May 18 2007, 06:22 PM) [snapback]445308[/snapback]</div>
    I had a SE W600i that had this problem. It turned out that I had to turn ON the "Power Save" mode under
    bluetooth so that it DOESN'T try to connect to other BT devices nearby automatically. It is dumb if you ask me.
    The setting was OFF (meaning keep trying to connect to other BT if nearby, and mine sometimes get dropped!)
    from factory. Once set to ON, it worked great.

So, play with all the available BT options that your phone provides. The fix may be just one setting away. :)