1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Blue tooth phone whites out

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by mdrdds, Jun 23, 2004.

1. mdrdds

mdrdds New Member

Sometimes access on the display is denied for the phonebook or the phone keys even when the bluetooth connection is good and I have several bars showing that my cellular connection is good. I have the T610 Erriicson Phone. What gives

Mike

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Mike,
    Just going to assume a few things you weren't clear on.
    I assume you mean you don't have access to some of the functions on the Prius Touch Screen--but that the phone, itself, is functioning fine.

I'll also assume that the only time you can't access the phone pad and address book is when the car is moving. This is a built in 'safety' feature to try to force you to keep your eyes on the road instead of on the phone pad trying to dial numbers. The 1-Touch screen is available to program 17 commonly used numbers for easy access and does remain available while the car is in motion.

Now, if you take a look in the Electrical Mods forum you'll find an active thread on Navigation Speed Sensor Defeat. Within that thread Brosnan recently posted how to defeat the speed sensor to the Bluetooth phone as well. It involves cutting wires to the MFD and an ECU, but it's otherwise safe (we think) and by flipping your installed switch will give you full access to all BT features when in motion. (I'll probably put mine in tomorrow.