1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Blue Tooth with Iphone No folder control

Discussion in 'Prius c Audio and Electronics' started by Lionsfan, Sep 24, 2012.

1. Lionsfan

Lionsfan Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I use my iphone via bluetooth to play my music and podcasts. If it's wireless I have no control over the folders through the audio controls. I have to manually go through the folders on my phone to cue up what I want to play. Which seems counter productive. I can skip forward to the next song and pause/play but that's it. If I have it plugged in to the USB I can control the folders when I am in ipod mode. But it wont let me play it. I then have to switch to BTA to play it. Then back to ipod if I want a different folder or playlist.

Does anyone else have this issue?

2. photogrl13

photogrl13 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    It is the same with my iPhone 4. I use Bluetooth only for tune in radio, so it doesn't bother me much. I use the iPod cable when I want more control over folders. I generally don't drive far enough to be bothered by the limitation.

3. Surrylic

Surrylic Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I had an android phone for about five months while I have had this car, and now I have an iPhone 5. Both have the same issue you mentioned, you can see the song title and artist but not browse. Sorry :/

4. MBRGuru

MBRGuru Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    iPhone 5 (iOS 6) supports Bluetooth browsing, but it looks like it's only working on the HDD system right now.

5. photogrl13

photogrl13 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I updated to iOS 6. I will try again tomorrow to see if things changed for me.

6. photogrl13

photogrl13 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    No control with ios6 on an iPhone 4.

7. RJphxC

RJphxC New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I think this is typical for bluetooth connections in cars. If there's a way to make this work then great but I'm skeptical.

*first post - first day driving my new C* :)

8. Gronos

Gronos New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I have an iPod touch 5th gen and the folder commands on the dashboard don't work with this either. Toyota should do a software upgrade to fix this.

9. Rob.au

Rob.au Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    i-Tech
    Same story on the Australian audio with iOS 6 and iPhone 4S.

Since the Google Maps app came out I finally bit the bullet and upgraded the iOS. At one stage Bluetooth all but stopped working - it would play audio but had NO control of the phone at all (not even play/pause)... tried everything, unpaired, repaired, power cycled both the phone and the car and eventually gave up and went into the shopping centre I'd parked at. Came back out, stepped into the car and voila - everything was working (ie. play/pause, skip, song information received by audio system but still no folder control via Bluetooth) AND the car can now both alert me to text messages received and read them to me.