1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

1. Bill P

Bill P New Member

2005 Prius w/ Navigation

I do NOT have a Blue Tooth cell phone. I'll be driving along in the Prius and all of a sudden a notification appears on the NAV screen..something like "unable to make Blue Tooth connection" or Blue Tooth connection unsuccessful, or can't find blue tooth connection...anyhow, this seems to happen intermittently and randomly.

I have attempted to find something in the instruction manuals, and also in the set-up for the blue tooth, like how to shut off the setting so the Prius will cease from attempting to connect to Blue Tooth...

Any ideas? suggestions?

It is just a minor annoyance, but it seems like there should be a setting to shut it off?

Thanks,

Bill

2. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I think it's an annoyance you'll have to live with. At least without "pairing" your Prius and a Bluetooth mobile phone, you won't be getting stranger's phone calls as you drive down the highway.

I do have a Bluetooth mobile, and sometimes I'll leave it upstairs in my office while I make a quick run to the post office, for example. I get the "Bluetooth connection failed" message as I leave and a "Bluetooth connection succesful" when I pull back into the carport, the phone sitting in my office.

3. JosephF

JosephF Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I have a Bluetooth phone and use it with my Prius. I do get the messages you mentioned when I don't have the phone with me.
    My wife also has a Prius and she doesn't use the Bluetooth feature. She doesn't get any messages relating to the Bluetooth.
    The only time she had gotten the message is when I programmed her car to link with my phone - then every time I wasn't along she would get the failure message. After I removed my phone information from her settings she no longer gets the message.
    I would suggest that you check in the phone settings screen that a phone hasn't been programmed in and that is what it is searching for.

4. teaf

teaf New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Hello everyone,
    I have finally paired my cell phone with my bluetooth in my Prius. One problem, everyone I talked to through my bluetooth says it is tinney sounded and hard to understand what I am saying. Is it my cell phone or my bluetooth in the 2004 Prius? Help please, I am a realtor and need the bluetooth function on my Prius.
    Thanks,
    Tea

5. moregas

moregas New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I don't know if it is your car or your cellphone. Mine works great and people that I talk to can tell I am on the bluetooth.

6. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Bluetooth sound quality

Hi Teaf, welcome to PriusChat again. It may be your phone or your 2004 Prius. Tiny improvements have occurred in many of the car's systems, and I think hands free sound is one of them. In my 2007, unless there is a lot of outside noise, people don't know I'm in my car when using the hands-free Bluetooth connection.

One thing you may want to explore is improving the microphone. A while back someone here installed a second microphone so his wife in the passenger seat could be heard. A Google search on this site might find it. Maybe your microphone is misplaced. He had instructions on how to remove the microphone.

7. blamy

blamy Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I used to install Cell Phone Car Kits including Bluetook kits and one thing that came up a lot was the person using the phone system usually didn't talk while looking straight ahead at the road. Seems like they wanted to look at the phone or somewhere else while talking. You have to train yourselt to speak forward for the microphone to function properly. This is not easy to do as habit has you looking at the phone. I even catch myself doing it at times and I should know better! LOL