1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

"Blueconnect" Bluetooth Device

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by rsforkner, Apr 25, 2008.

1. rsforkner

rsforkner Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    (First let me apologize for posting in the Main forum. I forgot about this one and can't see a way to move a thread once started)

Today I received a mailing from Toyota offering a "Blueconnect" bluetooth device that replaces the sunglasses holder. Seems kind of high at $503.61, including installation.

Still, I have thought about such a device. Does anyone out there have any thoughts and better yet, experience with this unit? Is it worth over $500?

When I looked at package 3 instead of 2 that was the only real option that interested me. So, I went with package 2.

Thanks for any advice....

Bob

2. rigormortis

rigormortis Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    i think they are ripping you off. this is an aftermarket product, it will not be integrated to your display screen, and al-eds.com is having a sale right now on that for about $300. so what is done during installation to
    warrant them charging you $200 ?

i have never seen the actual toyota bluetooth module including the steering wheel controls for sale, i wonder how much those parts run for.

for $500 you can get a pretty good navigation unit with its own handsfree
    telephone function and be able to move it car to car

3. rsforkner

rsforkner Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks rigormortis,

What a great site for all kinds of stuff. I'll have to study it. The dealer price was very high and I had a LOT of questions for the dealer. I would have hoped it would integrate completely. If not, it is VERY, VERY high.

Got GPS on my phone with a pretty large display. Unless I am going on a long trip away from home, in strange territory, it never gets used. I am probably thinking too big and should remember the KISS principle.

Thanks again,
    Bob