1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bluelogic and 2011 wiring - HU install issues (no sound if you remove)

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by rrolff, Oct 23, 2011.

1. rrolff

rrolff Prius Surgeon

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    We have lots of info on many topics - just bought a 2011 Prius II (no JBL) - if you install like a 2010 (though never had Bluelogic) - and remove the BL thing, you get no sound. The factory connectors seems different from my old 2010s - does anyone know how this thing is wired, and its implications? I put the BL back in, and get sound - so that was the issue (took me hours to troubleshoot - arggggg)......

As Always TIA

TTFN

2. frodoz737

frodoz737 Top Wrench

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    List all equipment to help us help you.

3. rrolff

rrolff Prius Surgeon

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Prius II (basic package), Bluelogic, Pioneer Z130BT HU...

All was wired correctly, it's just this Bluelogic thing that must be doing something (Muting). I simply removed the Bluelogic (unplugged the like 4 connectors) - put it all together, and no sound.

Simply plugging the thing back in yields sound...

As an aside, it would be nice to know more about the thing - since it seems most cars are now shipping with it... I'd love to use that mic instead of my Pioneer one...

4. frodoz737

frodoz737 Top Wrench

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Blu Logic appears to be port or dealer installed for the Prius II. Quick search located 3ea. part numbers I'm sure you also located, but check with parts dept. for the correct one. They may provide the info you need, but if not, find the installers they contract out to. If approached right, they can hook you right up, and it's amazing what a 20 spot will do to show your appreciation.

Wouldn't hurt to ask your dealer to pull up your Vehicle specific audio wiring diagram as well, since they want that good feedback report. Worked for me. A Mechanic pulled it up on his laptop and printed it right out. Yes Sir - Thank You - Please ... still goes a long way, even in today's cynical world. Good Luck.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...4NWQBQ&usg=AFQjCNFxsjArdpLCjS7bhWagi0BQsfjc7A
    http://www.trdsparks.com/install/PT923-00111Prius-inst.pdf
    Blue Logic Hands Free Phone Kit at Sparks Toyota-Scion, Myrtle Beach, SC