1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bluetooh and Google G1

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by tleisher, Mar 1, 2010.

1. tleisher

tleisher New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I posted this in the audio section, but I feel like that's the wrong forum for it (as its not getting any responses). If someone could either delete that thread or move it here and delete this one, I would appreciate it.

I just bought a used 2005 Prius. I tried to setup my T-Mobile/Google G1 phone and it connected just fine. The only problem is that the audio doesnt come out of the speakers...

It connects and when someone calls or when I call out it dials it from the touchscreen, the music stops but the call never makes its way back to the car.

Any ideas as to how to fix this? (The speakers play music just fine, so I know the speakers arent bad.. and the phone says its connected to a bluetooth device.. but the audio still comes out of the phone speaker)

Also, I use my G1 as a media player (Music, Podcasts) I assume that I could stream that into the bluetooth and out of the car speakers.. is that possible and if so, how do I enable that? RIght now it just plays out of the phone speakers even when connected.

2. zenMachine

zenMachine Just another Onionhead

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Sounds like the issue could be with the amp under the passenger seat, since that's where the BT audio comes out.

I'd first check to make sure the speaker wires for BT is properly connected (they're not the same as the other speaker wires). You may have to do a search for the 2005 JBL wiring diagram.

Good luck.