1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bluetooth adapter for non bluetooth phone

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Renocat, Jul 19, 2006.

1. Renocat

Renocat Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I just got a new cell phone a couple of months ago. I did not go for the bluetooth because "I don't need it" Well, guess what...Now I "need" it to go with my new driftwood pearl #7 that I picked up today. :rolleyes:

I stopped at Verizon (my cell carrier) and asked about an adapter. They said they used to carry one but no longer do and that I could probably find one on the net somewhere.

So my question: Has anyone succesfully used a bluetooth adapter to make a non bluetooth cell phone compatible with the '06 Prius?

2. tomdeimos

tomdeimos New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Renocat @ Jul 19 2006, 08:16 PM) [snapback]289051[/snapback]</div>
    No idea if it works with the Prius but so far I have seen two adapters on the market. I think there are some also that are for specific phones. I got a Cardo unit from Radio Shack. The other is from Jabra.

My Cardo seems to work ok but someone should make one with variable gain for the headsets. I think it may be part of the low volume I get from virtually all headsets. There is a 2 pos gain for the microphone end, so you can match the outgoing level to the phone some.

I have paired the Cardo with a bunch of headsets, and speakerphones now, so I would think it should work with the Prius.
    You don't get any of the fancy features though. With my headsets I can answer, hang up, and redial. That is it.
    Voice dialing should work maybe if the phone can do it.

3. Renocat

Renocat Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Thanks for the info, Tom.

I looked at the cardo on line at Radioshack last night. Looks promising. I also saw one on ebay. Different manufacturer(didn't say who)and it listed my particular phone. The one on e bay was 1/2 the price of the radioshack one.

I may run over to radioshack today and see if they have one in stock. If it doesn't work I can always return it. My phone does have a hands free profile and voice dialing so maybe it will work.

4. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Renocat @ Jul 20 2006, 06:42 AM) [snapback]289317[/snapback]</div>

Sadly those adapters only support the headset profile - not the hands-free that cars use.