1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bluetooth Adapter

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by es, Mar 27, 2005.

1. es

es New Member

I'm hoping to pick up a Prius next week and I am really looking forward to the hands free phone option. Problem is I have a Motorola V400 which is not bluetooth. I was told a $30 adapter from Motorola will make it compatible. Sounds too simple, does anyone know if this works or not. If not, anyone know how you can get a new Cingular Motorola 551 phone if you're in themiddle of a contract?

2. n51222

n51222 Junior Member

No, sorry, it doesn't.

Of course, it cost me $30 to find that out. I'm in the same boat, with a Motorola V60 that isn't Bluetooth, so I'm considering biting the bullet and buying a V710 which DOES have bluetooth. I'm just waiting on some other U.S. Cellular user to post info on compatibility of the U.S. Cellular V710 with the Prius system before I drop the big bucks. (Each cellular carrier programs their phones slightly differently, so compatibility is a big issue, even with the same model phone).

In answer to your other question, <how you can get a new Cingular Motorola 551 phone if you're in the middle of a contract>.... yes, I can help you with that. Buy it. (Ebay is a good place to get a good discount from the ridiculous full-featured price of new ones).