1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bluetooth adaptor?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by rick57, Jul 1, 2005.

1. rick57

rick57 Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi all. Sorry if this might been dicussed already but I am at work. Just had a customer call and want to know if a bluetooth adaptor will make a regular cell phone work in the Prius. She went to look at a Motorola V710 and was asked about an adaptor to give her more phone choices. Is it worth it? Anybody help?

2. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

Some have tried, and failed. Apparently, from what it has been said, the NAV uses an obsolete bluetooth protocol, which is different than what the adapters need.
    I think the second problem is the adapter expects to be the client, when the Prius expects it to be the client, and the phone to be the server. After all, how can you add a passcode to an adapter?

3. tag

tag Senior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DanMan32\";p=\"103197)</div>
    I'm trying to check that out at the moment. The new Motorola E815 is due out very, very soon. Apparently, as expected, Verizon has removed OBEX from the phone BUT it still has OPP-Client and OPP-Server. I'm not at all sure that would be sufficient for PB transfer but it's a lot more promising than the V710 (which had neither profile).

Further, there has been some discussion about the ability to re-enable full OBEX on the E815 with a seem edit. If that's possible, then it's a done deal....the phone will work 100% with the Prius.