1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bluetooth and multiple phones

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Atoyot, Mar 25, 2004.

1. Atoyot

Atoyot New Member

Hello, I understand that you can link upto 4 different phones to the Prius, so I got my wife a Sony Ericsson T616 just like mine. It is one of the selling points I am using to get her to go along with me getting it. Then she asked me the following questions, and I'm clueless. Any help would be great.

Will both phones link up if we are both in the car?
    If both phones link up, what happens if they ring at the same time?

Thanks for the help.

Atoyot

2. Hoagie

Hoagie New Member

Only 1 phone is active via the hands free at a time. The manual is somewhat vague about selecting a phone when you have more then one. The Prius might:

(1) Try to connect to the "selected" phone (vague meaning of "selected") when the car starts. "Selected" might mean the last phone selected to be connected, or the one at the top of the phone list. do not know.

(2) Force you to select from the list of phone each time you enter the car.

One would hope the answer is #1. So you could select the phone of the person who will most often use the car.

3. mboileau

mboileau New Member

My partner and I both have T616 phones and both are programmed to work with the car. When you start up the car, the currently selected phone is what the Prius tries to automatically connect to, regardless of whether or not other programmed phones are in the car. To switch phones or select which phone to connect, you have to use the Phone->Settings menu to change the currently selected phone. Note that this menu option is only available while the vehicle is at a standstill. You can't change it when driving.

You can also transfer both phone's phone books into the Prius and assign them to Phonebook 1 and Phonebook 2, but the Prius doesn't associate a particular phonebook with a particular phone. You have to also switch this manually in the same Settings screen when the vehicle is still, or simply use the other phone's phonebook if there's a mismatch.

If you have more than 2 phones programmed in, you cannot have phonebooks for the other phones.