1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bluetooth and Sprint Cell Service

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by cary1952, Mar 25, 2006.

1. cary1952

cary1952 Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I just picked up a Samsung A920 phone. I use Sprint service. I had no problem pairing it up with my 2006 Prius. Sprint only makes a few Bluetooth phones, but this phone is terrific, with all the features you could want, including camera, mp3 player, memory card , built in. All accessories are included also including cable to your computer for downloading music and stereo earpieces. I highly recommend if you are using sprint service. Cost is $299.00 (less any rebates you may have)

Cary in S.D

2. ilusnforc

ilusnforc Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I Just put in an order for an '06 Magnetic Grey Pkg. #8 and I have a Sprint PPC-6601 phone (pocket PC) and I hope it works ok.

3. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Can you transfer the entire phonebook? Please keep us up to date on whether the Bluetooth functionality works reliably w/the Prius and regarding any quirks you find. I'm w/Sprint and in the market for a new Sprint phone or I may switch to Verizon.

4. the fish

the fish Member

I have the a920 paired with my Prius. The phone works very well. Phonebook transfer is one contact at a time and it only allows 2 #'s per contact. So a phone contact with 3 #'s will come over as two contacts with the same name (2 #'s in one and 1 # is the other).

Since you have to go into the car contacts to add voice tags and speed dials anyway, not really worth transferring. If you have a lot of contacts, you're better off synching with a laptop and transferring all the contacts from the laptop (w/ BT) to the car. Car is capable - phone is not. Most phones are like this however from what I have read.

Battery and signal meters did not show on MFD and the # of the incoming call does not display on the MFD (for me at least).

Otherwise, I think the call quality is good overall. The phone has frozen a couple of times when initating a call from the car, but not enough to really bug me.

5. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two

No it can't. There are no Verizon phones that can do it either.

6. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Psst: There were some bluetooth updates released for it a few days ago. I'd suggest everyone update when they can.

7. the fish

the fish Member

Hey, can we edit the title and make this a Samsung a920 thread?

Vagabond, I just updated the software on the phone to ZB07 and I did not notice any change in the BT features with the Prius. Was something supposed to be fixed?

8. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two

Hmm. There's supposed to be a 2-part update. The BT fixes part may have been pulled, or it's wasn't supposed to fix the issue you were having. I'll look into it.

9. the fish

the fish Member

Sorry, I forgot it was two-part update: ZB06 and then ZB07.

I noticed some odd behavior today after the updates. When my a920 is powered up (or restarting) after the car is already on, the signal meter show 'out of range' and the car will not initiate a call. It will receive calls fine and work with calls initiated from the a920 itself. I have tried power cycling the a920 but it still shows 'out of range' after reconnecting with the car. The only way I could work around the 'out of range' issue was to repair the phone with the car when I came to stop. Then it worked fine but not after another power cycle.

Now, if I power up the car after the phone is on, it works as usual so long as I don't power cycle the phone (not that I normally do that).

I will have to play around with it somemore. This wasn't happening before the updates.