1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bluetooth and Verizon

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by priusowner, Nov 30, 2005.

1. priusowner

priusowner New Member

:unsure:

My Verizon LG VX8100 does not support phone book downloading to my 2005 Prius. Can anyone tell me how to manually input phone numbers into the BT phone book.

Thanks

2. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two

Sadly, you can't.

3. priusowner

priusowner New Member

Vagabond: Thank you.

Are my only options to use 1 Touch from calls connected and calls received?

The BT feature is diminished if you have to stop and dial a number on the phone or screen.

Thanks

4. ABC12

ABC12 New Member

you can upload using pc or pda or another phone, don't ask me how tho

5. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Actually there is a workaround. Enter the place person etc as a location in the Nav system and put in a phone number. Use the Nav overide so you can uses the screens while moving. Look up the person on the list of personal locations and dial it. Not great but it what we have. I am waiting for my settlement from Verizon on the 710 class action and I am going to another provider.

6. Ghoti

Ghoti Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    You can also, if you have a laptop or a PDA that has bluetooth capability, use the computer to push phonebook entries to the Prius. See this thread for details and instructions for Windows-based laptops.

Essentially, you pair the car and the laptop to your phone, tell the Prius you are about to transfer your phone, and then start the transfer from the laptop; the car will accept the phone book entry/entries, as it assumes they are coming from the phone.

I have heard that the '06 Prius will allow direct manual entry of phonebook entries, but I haven't seen this firsthand from Toyota or with my own eyes.

7. ABC12

ABC12 New Member

8. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two

Since his phone does not support OBEX and limited DUN profiles I don't think the on screen dialpad is going to work too well.

9. Wayne

Wayne Active Member

We've heard few complaints about the 8100, but maybe not a lot of people have them.

In theory, there shouldn't be any problems with normal phone operation. If you're talking about the transfer of the phone book, then yes, big problem, as Verizon cripples that capability. However, a workaround will still work, and the phone should work completely with the workaround phone book.

As an example I offer my Motorola e815. Verizon crippled the transfer of the phone book, but I simply entered the contacts I was interested in into a PDA, and used the PDA to transfer them to the car. Now I can call up one-touch and call someone complete with named entries even while in motion, and if a call comes to me and the name is in the phone book, the name gets displayed on the MFD, also even while in motion. I can dial out any number when stopped. The system works perfectly and as intended.

I would expect the same for the 8100, unless you are saying the 8100 has problems of its own.

10. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    The 815 is a fantastic little phone given the limitations it has by Verizon. I have yet to see an LG live up to the quality of most other manufactures however.

11. Wayne

Wayne Active Member

If that's the case, my recommendation to all LG owners is not to send in any rebate panels until you've tested the phone with the car. Post your experiences so others may benefit. Verizon gives you 15 days to decide if you are happy with the phone. Don't put off testing it!

12. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two

Every phone has it's quirks. I am paid by Sprint, but right now I'm a Prius owner. I currently use a 940 and a 900 and each have their own seperate issues with the car. Maybe it's the car, but given the history with CDMA and bluetooth, I'm leaning to the phone.

What you said is well put. Try the phone you want, and try everything. It may not work as well as you want it to. It's up to you to decide what quirks you can live with and what you can't.