1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bluetooth answer delay

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by mssmith95, Mar 27, 2006.

1. mssmith95

mssmith95 Michael

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Anyone else with the bluetooth in a 2006 experience a fairly long "delay" before the other party can hear you?

On mine, I have to wait to talk for around 3-5 seconds, otherwise the caller can not hear me. I am so accustomed to flipping open my phone and speaking right away that I keeping having to repeat my greeting several times before they can hear me on the bluetooth connection.

Is everyone having this same issue? I have a Verizon Motorola phone.

----
    Edit

Also, if I turn off the vehicle while on a Bluetooth call, I have to manually select "drop bluetooth connection" on the phone itself. Otherwise it can take 10-15 seconds before it will prompt me that the bluetooth connection is weak (duh! the vehicle is off!).

2. mikepaul

mikepaul Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    When someone calls me, my Nokia 6230 rings then the call is transferred to the car. When I push the button on the steering wheel to answer, a conversation can usually begin immediately. I don't want to claim perfection on all calls, but signal strength seems to be my big issue, not the phone-car connection.

Motorolas may have other issues...

3. Maytrix

Maytrix Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Same here.

The only time I get the delay is when for some reason, the car has lost the bluetooth signal and I'm using the phone directly - then the car picks it up again and switches me back to handsfree. There's 3-6 seconds of dead air when that happens.

4. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two

Your phone is junky, not your car.