1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bluetooth autoplay on 2013 Prius without nav?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Bjartmarr, Dec 13, 2016.

1. Bjartmarr

Bjartmarr Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I've searched around the site and I haven't found an answer to this question.
    I just got a 2013 Prius with what I believe is just the base audio system -- no navigation or back-up cam.
    I have encountered the bluetooth auto-play bug (where my phone automatically plays music when I start the car). I tried to update the software with the update from (securedp toyota website)/download-app/toyota but when I insert the usb stick nothing happens -- I suspect that this update is only for vehicles with Entune and my car does not have Entune; is that correct?

Has anybody updated the software and fixed this bug on their base-model Prius? Second question, is there a way to do it without paying money to the dealership? (I'm over 3 years/36K so I believe the warranty has expired.)

I am aware of the several klugey work-arounds involving turning off bluetooth, or installing an app on my phone but this post is about fixing the problem by fixing the bug.

Thanks!